How to achieve this kinda effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it is HDR.
U can pm nightmare86 for mroe details.

combining different exposures but not sure how it works though....
will like to udnerstand more too.

Look likely to be HDR... and when you look at more properties, you will see the following...

Camera: Sony DSLR-A100
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 11 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows

HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a feature in Photoshop CS2. It is basically a way to 'digitally develop' your photos using tonal information contained in multiple exposures of the same shot.

Can do a search of HDR on the web and you can read up on it... ;) I have not personally done it myself... but it does look nice and interesting...

But how can using HDR to increase the dynamic range also achieve a mirror-like reflection? :think:

Owner comment in his page:

Central Business District and Boat Quay, Singapore. Sunday morning at 7:45am.

5exp HDR. Testing my new wide angle lens (Tamron 11-18mm) with Sony Alpha A100.

I think his timing was perfect....7.45am...water is so calm :thumbsup:

yes that is definitely hdr

but hdr will not give you still reflections, btw

if the water is choppy and you do not have nd filter, it will not smoothen out ripples for you

what hdr does is give you detail

danielkhc has many nice hdrs, a big mix of what i would term realistic looking and another pile of what i might term junk, but he has moved on to digital blending which is definitely much nicer than hdr, in my opinion. it is a pity that i do not always have the time to blend all my photographs.

if you want my opinion, i think it is timing, more than anything else. if there is wind and the water surface is not calm.. even 30 second exposure cannot solve the problem

gotta go now, running out of laptop batt with no access to power point

cheers

do you need any special software for HDR?

night86mare,

erm.. care to run a workshop for us interested ? haha .. i've been dying to learn how to do it.. read up and tried but still dont quite understand ... hmmm..

night86mare,

erm.. care to run a workshop for us interested ? haha .. i've been dying to learn how to do it.. read up and tried but still dont quite understand ... hmmm..

i will include it sooner or later in my wide angle processing series

but then need to get away from the inertia of doing it

maybe set 1 hour a day to do a few pages.. whatever you don;'t understand right now, just ask here, i will try my best to answer briefly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.