How to achieve 'Big-nose' effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just your kit lens is good enough. :)

10.5 Fe

perhaps you can get an ultra wide angle lens that has a close MFD. just go as close as you can to the subject before the focus goes haywire and make the shot.

distortions like this can be quite fun. esp for wedding candids :D

Or perhaps some photoshopping...hmm...

shot at 10mm ultrawide angle lens on 1.5x crop factor.

you need to be very close to the animal. the camera about less than 50cm from the cow's nose, focused on his eyes. and i'm within 1m from the cow's head. you need to be extremely careful at such distance. i have been assaulted by a cow before, and ouch. i suggest others to take a less daring take, and make sure you take only if the animal is kind of behind a fence or something.

DSC_0235eifjw.jpg

even a 50mm at close distance can achieve mild effects. the minimal focusing distance for mine is 50cm, and this is shot less than 1m.

there is emphasis of the nose, as shown. use it with caution on human beings. too much distortion is not fun, and is meaningless and ugly.

DSC_1766ehw.jpg

Wide angle or Fisheye will do the trick.. Must be rather close..

original.jpg

actually your shoot suddenly makes me wonder what focal length does those "big eyes mei mei" use to shoot themselves from the top.....

shot at 10mm ultrawide angle lens on 1.5x crop factor.

you need to be very close to the animal. the camera about less than 50cm from the cow's nose, focused on his eyes. and i'm within 1m from the cow's head. you need to be extremely careful at such distance. i have been assaulted by a cow before, and ouch. i suggest others to take a less daring take, and make sure you take only if the animal is kind of behind a fence or something

Wide angle or Fisheye will do the trick.. Must be rather close..

Yup! this is kinda what i'm refering to. but making the nose even bigger.

Thanks guys! for helping. ^_^

Yup! this is kinda what i'm refering to. but making the nose even bigger.

Thanks guys! for helping. ^_^

Something like this?
IMG_1020.jpg

This photo, taken about 20cm to 30cm away from the girl, using 18mm.

Use wide angle, 18mm to 24mm.
50mm is out. It gives you a "normal" perspective.

actually your shoot suddenly makes me wonder what focal length does those "big eyes mei mei" use to shoot themselves from the top.....

heh the mei meis?
Got some examples, fresh from last thursday. all on 1.6x crop body

18mm
IMG_0657.jpg

10mm
IMG_1227.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.