How those KODAK, FUJIFILM,KONICA shop..handle the prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
I have a question.. In old times, commercial shop used the traditional way to developed and use an enlarger,chemical to get the prints from negatives, right?

But, nowadays, all these shops have shifted to digital right? after the film developed and it will scan as 4base resolution and print it out, am i right?

Any other shops are still printing out the photos in the traditional way? if they indeed doing those digitize so to get print.. why it is charged at different price? film print or digital prints? extra scanning job?

I just have this doubt, so if all the shops have printed out photos in this way, so all the photos we see is a digital prints..

hope you share what u know, thank you.

There are still shops printing the photos using lens instead of laser print pal.

Unless you hardcore people who wished to get the best out of that negative, there is not really a significant difference (unless we talked about both operators of optical and laser prints being lousy) if it is adjusted correctly (this with experience sometimes).

sumball, other than joanna you know who else prints optically? Let me know lah.

Hi so if my friends send a photos taken by a digital camera and print it out at the kodak outlet, then i send a photos taken by a film camera and print out at same kodak outlet. Both photos.. are printed base on a digital format file? the only difference is my film needs to scan into digital format first?

Just want to understand it this point =), can anyone confirm it..? I am not against digital, but just want to know what i am getting as a consumer.

LENS said:
Hi so if my friends send a photos taken by a digital camera and print it out at the kodak outlet, then i send a photos taken by a film camera and print out at same kodak outlet. Both photos.. are printed base on a digital format file? the only difference is my film needs to scan into digital format first?

Correct

xray said:

wow, now i clear the doubt. are they scanning the film in 4base setting? and get printed it out?

In kodak outlets, I think i still need to pay extra $5 to get a CD with images..

I wonder most of the consumer awared of it?

whats wrong with that ?

u pay for the print,they give u the print.

u want the digital file ,u pay for it la.

u want it free ar ? buy a machine to do urself lor.

kex said:
whats wrong with that ?

u pay for the print,they give u the print.

u want the digital file ,u pay for it la.

u want it free ar ? buy a machine to do urself lor.
Relax Kex...

To LENS, as mentioned by Kex, there is no free lunch under the sun in this world. Although they did scan your photos b4 getting them printed but whats wrong they charge u if you request for the scanned copy?

Many companies are actually making profit from this kind of by products.

theITguy said:
sumball, other than joanna you know who else prints optically? Let me know lah.
To me, one is enough. Why bother to look for more? Perhaps fotuhub (ex-RGB) still does it?

I think most labs have converted to digital printing liao... somehow, there are still some printing using lens. Can try Kex?

kex said:
i only do optical printing for B&W..

and i dun do it for free hor.
By any chance if you decide to do it FOC, please drop me a line.:bsmilie:

LENS said:
In kodak outlets, I think i still need to pay extra $5 to get a CD with images. I wonder most of the consumer awared of it?

Of course they'll be aware of that. Most shops charge between $3.50 to $8 for a CD of your scanned film.

That's because they have to spend time burning the CD for you.
Even if you give them a digital copy on memory cards, they still will not go to the expense of burning the images FOC on CD.

Pay for quality.

xray said:
Of course they'll be aware of that. Most shops charge between $3.50 to $8 for a CD of your scanned film.

That's because they have to spend time burning the CD for you.
Even if you give them a digital copy on memory cards, they still will not go to the expense of burning the images FOC on CD.

Pay for quality.

now i am trying to say, some people could still think that.. the photo prints they received is not digitized then printed..

Anyway, thanks for all the answer. Of course nothing is free, but it is true they are charging too much for that, and the only extra job they do is to burn a CD..anyway, i think soon the trend is people going to get scanned format first, then only to print out those photos they want.

Or you may want to say, soon everyone is shooting with digital cameras. hahaa save the hassle to buy films, shoot, scan, then send in for printing. What for?

how much they should charge is up to them,not for u to decide..

u think it's expensive,dun get it lor.

Cd burner no need $$? rental no need pay ? salary no need to pay?

should sell cost to cost ?

How naive one can get..

kex said:
how much they should charge is up to them,not for u to decide..

u think it's expensive,dun get it lor.

Cd burner no need $$? rental no need pay ? salary no need to pay?

should sell cost to cost ?

How naive one can get..

relax lah

Status
Not open for further replies.