How sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleonn

Dec 3, 2009
CopyofDSC_4450.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition and creativity.
Feedback & comments deeply appreciated!

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I tried my best to make it look like the black lamp is comforting the blue lamp. The two desk lamps were sitting together. I noticed them and thought that maybe with enough manipulation of the situation I could make some sort of lovey-dovey photograph that would make people go "awwww". I don't know whether I succeeded or not.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken?

I took this picture in normal room lighting, but the open windows caused some unnecessary glare on the lamp heads. I added a slight vignette in PS.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I feel that it's kind of imaginative. Composition and other elements probably not very good, though. I myself would rate this a 7.5/10. Just wondering what you guys think of it.

there is nothing wrong with the photo. perhaps you can make the image pop up a bit by using multiply and erasing the image part. balance it using the opacity and darken the edges... leading the viewers eye to the couple lamp.

My humble opinions...

1. u r attaching too much emotion to your pic.. w/o your description, i would not understand what you are trying to potray..
2. if u want to take picture of an object, item... you have clean it!!! unless the dust on the lamp helps u tell the story. :D

When I first saw the picture, it looks ordinary. Only after reading the description, then I see the link.

Actually I kind of guessed the story from the title and seeing the picture. Interesting concept.

i went hmmmmm instead of awwwwwww.

doesn't do it for me but keep trying and let the creative juice flow.

the title works for me :) manage to see the link without reading the description. :thumbsup: for the creativity

some pointers to note:
1. as mention, clean up the dust unless they are there for a purpose ( i doubt so)
2. Background kind of messy, the lamp would stand out more again a plain light colour background
3. a portrait shot might work better, the "legs" of the lamps look awkwardly crop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.