How sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleonn

Dec 3, 2009

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition and creativity.
Feedback & comments deeply appreciated!

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I tried my best to make it look like the black lamp is comforting the blue lamp. The two desk lamps were sitting together. I noticed them and thought that maybe with enough manipulation of the situation I could make some sort of lovey-dovey photograph that would make people go "awwww". I don't know whether I succeeded or not.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken?

I took this picture in normal room lighting, but the open windows caused some unnecessary glare on the lamp heads. I added a slight vignette in PS.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I feel that it's kind of imaginative. Composition and other elements probably not very good, though. I myself would rate this a 7.5/10. Just wondering what you guys think of it.

laposto

Sep 29, 2009
www.pbase.com
there is nothing wrong with the photo. perhaps you can make the image pop up a bit by using multiply and erasing the image part. balance it using the opacity and darken the edges... leading the viewers eye to the couple lamp.

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
My humble opinions...

1. u r attaching too much emotion to your pic.. w/o your description, i would not understand what you are trying to potray..
2. if u want to take picture of an object, item... you have clean it!!! unless the dust on the lamp helps u tell the story. :D

Jul 29, 2009
When I first saw the picture, it looks ordinary. Only after reading the description, then I see the link.

Richter

Sep 11, 2005
Actually I kind of guessed the story from the title and seeing the picture. Interesting concept.

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
i went hmmmmm instead of awwwwwww.

doesn't do it for me but keep trying and let the creative juice flow.

SJneo

Jul 10, 2009
Punggol
the title works for me :) manage to see the link without reading the description. :thumbsup: for the creativity

some pointers to note:
1. as mention, clean up the dust unless they are there for a purpose ( i doubt so)
2. Background kind of messy, the lamp would stand out more again a plain light colour background
3. a portrait shot might work better, the "legs" of the lamps look awkwardly crop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom