How secure is your job?

what? u mean aunties have taken a fancy to robots now?

How secure is your job?

Mine has been replaced by technology years ago.

What is your job?

Mine is secure as long as I can keep performing at a high level. Not a given....

I never hoped for a secure job. That would only mean I would become stale and obsolete one day.

what? u mean aunties have taken a fancy to robots now?

:bsmilie:

But many jobs will be replaced by technology now, such as truck drivers, and maybe unloading will be done by robots too.
3D printing will revolutionize manufacturing and a lot of other fields. Mankind will be wise to allocate the extra human resources elsewhere

Permanent Job security is a past. Now they don't even want to call it retrenchment but restructuring. It is nothing to be ashame or surprise to loose your job. That is today's key word by HR.

So, you should protect yourself too. Loyalty is an ancient word now. What is your value to the company and that will decide if you can stay employed. Everywhere you hear 'expert' advising that non core business to sub-contract out.

Maybe 20 years from today, people will realize they need to go back to basic. Today, company only look at their top level people to invest.

How secure?
七分靠打拼,爱拼才会赢!

Learn from laozi we must. LOL

Must see how 财神 lor. If no strike rich, forever living in the fear of retrench and sack if boss always not happy on me (and some). Under female boss, every day like having a mine field outside your house, don't know when you will steps on it.

Mine is being replaced by Tech too... but will still have a job with difference job scope. Public Transportation sector is pretty recession prove... :think:

Mine is being replaced by Tech too... but will still have a job with difference job scope. Public Transportation sector is pretty recession prove... :think:

Teaching engineers how to swim if the tunnels are flooded? :bsmilie:

Teaching engineers how to swim if the tunnels are flooded? :bsmilie:

Making coffee will also be replaced by this one day: :)

robot_coffee_machine_BrewBot_1.png

I thought all jobs are only as secured as your current paycheque? Anything can happen from now till your next paycheque.

:bsmilie:

But many jobs will be replaced by technology now, such as truck drivers, and maybe unloading will be done by robots too.
3D printing will revolutionize manufacturing and a lot of other fields. Mankind will be wise to allocate the extra human resources elsewhere

yeah, true. 3D printing will really have an impact on how we do manufacture things in future, relying even less on human capital. They can even print eye cells or something like that according to the papers today.. scary.