How real is amazing race??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akane

Jun 4, 2003
Sydney
Any amazing race fans here?

Just wondering how reality tv is amazing race?

I mean is it so easy to get air tickets? Just go up to the counter ask ask..then can get air ticket for immediate boarding? :bigeyes:

I am sure the production team got do some "hands-legs" behind.

Hi,

Well, I've been following the race for this season, but my favourites seems to be falling behind :(

I don't see why we can't get tickets from the ticketing / airlines counter. This is a different counter from the check in counter, as long as there's seats available (some confirmed passengers may cancel their trip, or simply because the plane is not fully booked), you can get your ticket(s). Off course you will end up paying the full normal fare instead of the cheap fares that you usually can get from the travel agent.

Now.. I'm hoping that Chip and Kim will 'run' faster!! :)

cheers!
N.

You are able to get tickets (subject to availability) from the counters at the airport. That said, I do remember once they went to a tour agency in Vietnam to book air tickets though.

IMHO, how real can anything be when its on TV? Especially when its pre-recorded. Just as we could edit our photos, we could edit the footages as well...

The main idea of reality TV is to improve viewers' sense of participation/interactions, thereby boosting the station's viewership to attract the advertising $...

Don't take it too seriously or real (reel)...

yeah that's what i thought...
too good to be true..
and somemore pay full price..full price air ticket is NOT cheap..
and you suppose the participants bring so much money along?
if they buy all their air ticket at full price..don't think the winners will have much left after minus the prize money ;p

somemore if buy air ticket at full price, do you think colin and nicole (brandon's gf) will be willing to pay the premium? hehe :)

My guess is that the show organisers have already paid for the tickets or have already arranged with the airlines to let the teams take the tickets and the organisers pay later. It is unlikely the teams have to pay themselves as they are given at most a few hundred US$ when they receive the first clue, which is not enough for international flights plus local transport.

The major travel Web sites that limit their offerings primarily to published fares -- such as Travelocity.com, Expedia.com, or Trip.com -- aren't usually the best source of information for price-conscious air travelers. But for the contestants on "The Amazing Race", price is no object. Once each pair of racers reserves four seats for themselves and their accompanying camera and sound technicians, the film crew pays for all four tickets with a CBS credit card. If you don't care how much you pay, almost any travel agent or travel Web site can do a better job of coming up with flight possibilities than an airline ticket counter clerk who will only suggest their airline's flights.

source - http://hasbrouck.org/amazingrace/

Status
Not open for further replies.