How photography helped me in NS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
Hey guys,

Here's a tip for all those NSF guys who are planning to get marksmanship for their ATP. Its old news already, but I'd wanna stress this out: Take your heaviest lens and aim at one point for 10 mins every day. For me I attached my 500mm f4L to my camera and aimed at one point for that amount of time. In the end at the range, ATP was so easy. Scored 100% for my ATP! With M16, not SAR21 some more! Easy money too. :bsmilie:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick

nickmak said:
Hey guys,

Here's a tip for all those NSF guys who are planning to get marksmanship for their ATP. Its old news already, but I'd wanna stress this out: Take your heaviest lens and aim at one point for 10 mins every day. For me I attached my 500mm f4L to my camera and aimed at one point for that amount of time. In the end at the range, ATP was so easy. Scored 100% for my ATP! With M16, not SAR21 some more! Easy money too. :bsmilie:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick

My hold is steady but I cannot see the target :sweat:

nickmak said:
Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick

haha are you serious?
i hold my camera different from rifle leh..
but must admit that i have unsteady hands
anyone wants to lend me his 500mm lens to train? LOl

slaam said:
haha are you serious?
i hold my camera different from rifle leh..
but must admit that i have unsteady hands
anyone wants to lend me his 500mm lens to train? LOl

Technique no good? Hold your rifle against your shoulder, elbows closer to body. When aiming, hold ur breath. Squeezing the trigger also need to hold your breath.

heehee... will i get cross eyes ;p

rifle got image stabilizer? :bsmilie:

he's 19 and he already owns so many big big big lens and coming out with big big pro pics.

hahaha i would be just happy to carry his 500mm f4 for him.

why need IS? i think it's more of our eyes =( . going blind liao whahaha

i got full score for day .. 25/25
at night 8/20

you don shoot birds at night dont you ?

simon80 said:
i got full score for day .. 25/25
at night 8/20

you don shoot birds at night dont you ?

Eat more carrots and "gou chi zi", nourish the eyes more... heheh

i got almost perfect eyesight ..
i just cant align my tip to the target at night .. :bsmilie:

so I just trigger like a shutter :bsmilie:

I think most people when shooting in ATP are abit nervous ... staying claim and have a gd zeroing is really important . Take yr time to pin down the target and everything should be easy .

$200 no problem lah :bsmilie:

simon80 said:
i got almost perfect eyesight ..
i just cant align my tip to the target at night .. :bsmilie:

so I just trigger like a shutter :bsmilie:
at night should be easier i think coz first round tracer after u nail down yr target with the first round then firm up yr support and lock yr position and just keep tapping ( sounds like cheat code ) u shouldnt miss yr target because it otot

wah lau, whats ATP and IPPT? funny terms that made no sense to me since i ord.... :bsmilie: (cos i have no reservist!)

wainism said:
wah lau, whats ATP and IPPT? funny terms that made no sense to me since i ord.... :bsmilie: (cos i have no reservist!)

same here .. wat i mention was during bmt
hey ,.. let me teach u .. ROD loh

if only can have something like this for range :sweatsm:

nikon_and_war.jpg

markccm said:
if only can have something like this for range :sweatsm:

nikon_and_war.jpg
Replace the rifle with a 500 f/4 better.

nowadays our SAF very weird leh.
just 2 wks ago, i was happily going for my non-ICT IPPT. then i kenna rejected!!!
they say my unit stand-down. WTF. where's my incentive?! tot must IPPT every yr?

Status
Not open for further replies.