How old is your main camera?

How old is your main camera?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

auron

Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
With the rate of u guys changing camera, it would be interesting to see who is using a old camera...

i will start first. still using my first digital camera canon A80... should be greater than 3 years.

Last edited:
Those using digital SLR, with technologies moving so fast, people are reading tech spec and reviews (to consider upgrading) more often than websites on photography skills. :bsmilie:

I'm still using my 1st DSLR bought in Dec 03 & my 1st digital P&S bought in Jul 02. Don't think I will be getting a new camera till one of them finally decides to "retire". Photography is only a hobby, so can't find any good reason to change them.

i just digitised from film under a year ago. my new DSLR will be with me till spoil. :)

I still have my coolpix 4500 bought in 2002 n i still use it sometimes. :)

Main camera? Isn't it be "How old is your first camera?"

Anyway, my first film camera was a 1960s Rolleiflex 2.8GX. I am still holding onto it.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D100. This one I already sold.

Last edited:
My main camera since early 2004 and still is today my trusty and still workhorse..D70.

But the one that got me started. My first Nikon. My First SLR actually. And still with me all these years since 1982 along with the underdog AI 50mm E lens. It looks its age now with it's battle scars.

But this evening, it is quite a thrill for me to just use my first DSLR to shoot a photo of my first SLR. Never did that with my other cameras....but this one has more meaning for me I guess. And the mechanical M90 shutter still works in time too. :)

myfirstnikon-FG.jpg

Got my Canon 400D Apr 2007..... It have replace my Canon PowerShot ever since :bsmilie:

Anyway, my first film camera was a 1960s Rolleiflex 2.8GX. I am still holding onto it.

main cam is not first cam... main cam is the camera that u use most... some got a few DSLR, but there is 1 main and some are just backup.

how come my 1st cam so short life compared to those made decades ago? :( my Canon EOS300 use 1 year spoil liao.

My main camera since early 2004 and still is today my trusty and still workhorse..D70.

But the one that got me started. My first Nikon. My First SLR actually. And still with me all these years since 1982 along with the underdog AI 50mm E lens. It looks its age now with it's battle scars.

But this evening, it is quite a thrill for me to just use my first DSLR to shoot a photo of my first SLR. Never did that with my other cameras....but this one has more meaning for me I guess. And the mechanical M90 shutter still works in time too. :)

myfirstnikon-FG.jpg

my uncle passed me his cam looks like urs but dun have the bottom attachment. its not working, but i dunno wad to do with it... :rolleyes: oso Nikon FG.

main cam is not first cam... main cam is the camera that u use most... some got a few DSLR, but there is 1 main and some are just backup.

Currently, I have two Fuji S5 Pro DSLRs. I named them 'Lily' and 'Florence', after my paternal aunties. I use 'Lily' more often.

Last edited:
how come my 1st cam so short life compared to those made decades ago? :( my Canon EOS300 use 1 year spoil liao.

Simple explanations:

• Mechanical faults are easier to troubleshoot and repair, whereas electronic faults are more complicated.
  • Our humid climate is bad for electronic components. Try bringing your 300D to places like Japan or Norway, and stay there. I bet it will lasts longer.
  • Some people 'kiasu'' and set their dry cabinets too low. This can give problems also.
  • Finally, manufacturers want to 'tan lui'. If they make their products too lasting, then they won't last long in business.

Last edited:
Hmm...my first and only dslr, canon 350D from end 2005 till now.

Well, I recently upgraded to a D200, but promised myself before buying it that I'll keep it for (at least) 5 years :)

Its a competent body that will perform if i'm competent :bsmilie:

and to think i just "upgrade" to DSLR under a year ago... :hung:

i hope it'll last at least 5 years before age catches up... :sweat:

My first digicam.. 8yrs old Olympus C200, 3040 and Canon G1. Haven't got any new p&s since...

Nikon FE, FM, D100.

I am still using my first digicam: :)

digcamerajx7.jpg

It was developed by Kodak. It was the size of a toaster. It took 23 seconds to perform an exposure and read it to digital cassette tape at a resolution of .01 megapixels. It also took 23 seconds to read the image to a computer.

Last edited:
I am still using my first digicam: :)

digcamerajx7.jpg

It was developed by Kodak. It was the size of a toaster. It took 23 seconds to perform an exposure and read it to digital cassette tape at a resolution of .01 megapixels. It also took 23 seconds to read the image to a computer.

Your kidding!!!!??? a tape deck cassette for recording data!!!! hahahahahahahah.... that is serious cool! hee

Status
Not open for further replies.