How often you change your computer / laptop / Note Book?

How often you change your computer / laptop / Note Book?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much RAM does your laptop have? maybe you're opening more applications than the memory can handle

defragmenting does help in speeding up disk performance, but even if it's not done, shouldn't really slow the application up to that extent

my laptop is almost 3 years old, but apart from the battery, system seems ok so far. it's good if you do regular maintenance, e.g. defrag, disk cleanup. i think re-installing the OS every now and then is a good idea too

battery dead because i have been using the laptop plugged in with the AC adapter. now i have to remove the battery when using it, otherwise then my system will hang completely, strange...

Thanks thenomad. I have 3GB Ram. I can't go further to 4 GB Ram as I using Win Vista 32 bit.

why don't you try this:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

assuming that your AV program is up to date, that's a pretty good program.

Thanks night86mare. I just installed... this is the result.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3133
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

9/11/2009 10:11:04 PM
mbam-log-2009-11-09 (22-11-04).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 101169
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Thank. Nothing malicious detected. :)

I've maintained a lot of Windows machines, but when I go home, I'd rather use my Mac. It all depends on what you need. You could probably use the Ubuntu distribution of Linux, if you don't care about playing games on Windows. For e-mail, web browsing, and office applications, it's about the same.

about every 2 years

bought my current MBP at late 2007 and it's perfectly fine

don't plan to change anytime soon

Thanks you. :)

Why are people always not satisfied with their current computers? :dunno:

4 to 5 yrs... don't stingy on the best and rated most reliable. Do your research and get the best for your money. SOmetime it may not even be the most expensive. When you get it right, 4-5 yrs of use is never a problem. I skip a few generation each time I change. I am a gamer and true I may lost some rendering speed but I am fine playing at a lower res. It's a compromise but well... For most people who use a PC, even a 4 yr old PC is way more power then you ever use unless you are a power user who does graphic designer doing big artwork, 3D rendering,programming ..etc. We seem to need more power as more OS and s/w are getting too bloody bloated for it's own use...so you are forced to upgrade..not by real needs sometime but just becasue you change a s/w or two. I still use Photoshop 7 on XP with 3gig of ram..it is fast! Try that with a CS3 or 4 on a vista...just my dig.

I'm very satisfied with mine.

3 years old Mac Pro.

Can go another 6-7 years or until the hardware physically breaks down.

I normally change the MB with a new AMD cpu, upgrade the graphic card, increase the on board RAM after 3/4 years.

If there is a need, I will change the power supply and storage. Currently 500G X 2.

Happy with my 19" LCD which was upgraded last year.

Last edited:
Why are people always not satisfied with their current computers? :dunno:

technological advances means that end-users have to have better hardware in order to enjoy latest technology.

e.g using a 10-year old laptop and trying to run latest software will be nearly impossible.

technological advances means that end-users have to have better hardware in order to enjoy latest technology.

e.g using a 10-year old laptop and trying to run latest software will be nearly impossible.

Netbooks are like 5 year old computers already. Think they'll be unable to continue earlier than most?

What TS needs is a reformat and install Windows 7, before that check out the process can support 64bit or not. If can support. then up the ram too. Dun worry abt drivers. Win7 driver support is good.

Also, upgrade the HDD to a faster spinning one such as 7200rpm, but look out for heat and lower battery life if you do so. Otherwise, a current 5400rpm will do fine. Perhaps a WD Blue will do.

I was using a desktop of 4 years old before ditching it and going for notebook to replace it. Dropped a bomb and bought a VAIO Z few months back. Love the 6 GB ram, the speed with the profile and weight of a netbook. Now looking at Vidock to extend to high end graphics for games.

Last edited:
What TS needs is a reformat and install Windows 7, before that check out the process can support 64bit or not. If can support. then up the ram too. Dun worry abt drivers. Win7 driver support is good.

Also, upgrade the HDD to a faster spinning one such as 7200rpm, but look out for heat and lower battery life if you do so. Otherwise, a current 5400rpm will do fine. Perhaps a WD Blue will do.

I was using a desktop of 4 years old before ditching it and going for notebook to replace it. Dropped a bomb and bought a VAIO Z few months back. Love the 6 GB ram, the speed with the profile and weight of a netbook. Now looking at Vidock to extend to high end graphics for games.

Thanks andeelym. To reformat, install Window 7 and increase my HDD are fine with me. my notebook only can support 32 bit. I never try Window 7. Is it good? Better than MAC OS? I just wonder how many people use window 7.

I thinking of purchasing MAC. If I buy Apply com, my main concern is that I can't play RPG games. :(

I personally don't change my laptop and desktop as often as my underwear.

I don't see the point !

The computers are to me tools. I bought them to do a job that they are still doing quite well.

My underwear on the other hand are not keeping up to the job :bigeyes:

I have out grown them and they are not giving me the support I would like !

I am presently looking for faster and more compact undies that are more compatible with other systems :bsmilie:

I personally don't change my laptop and desktop as often as my underwear.

I don't see the point !

The computers are to me tools. I bought them to do a job that they are still doing quite well.

My underwear on the other hand are not keeping up to the job :bigeyes:

I have out grown them and they are not giving me the support I would like !

I am presently looking for faster and more compact undies that are more compatible with other systems :bsmilie:

Sorry I'm not trying to be rude but this is funny.

Don't tell me you don't change your underwear more than a year? I have look through some survey, Most of the people change their underwear everyday. I guess you mean you don't buy underwear more often than you buy computer. Am I correct?

Sorry I'm not trying to be rude but this is funny.

Don't tell me you don't change your underwear more than a year? I have look through some survey, Most of the people change their underwear everyday. I guess you mean you don't buy underwear more often than you buy computer. Am I correct?

:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.