How often/where/what do you guys shoot?

eedwinn

May 20, 2009
As a hobbyist, I realise that I have been using my camera lesser and lesser... Now most of the time it is kept in the dry cab as compared to 2 years ago when I just got it.

Now I'll only use it when there are outings and events with my friends.

Do you guys experience the same thing as me? If not, where do you guys usually bring your camera to? And do you bring your cameras everywhere you go?

eedwinn said:
As a hobbyist, I realise that I have been using my camera lesser and lesser... Now most of the time it is kept in the dry cab as compared to 2 years ago when I just got it.

Do you guys experience the same thing as me? If not, where do you guys usually bring your camera to? And do you bring your cameras everywhere you go?

Participate in more xmm shoot.

Now getting lazy to bring my dslr out gonna downgrade to a nex5n other than that i use my iphone liao. Lol

you need to find motivation for you to shoot.

for me, money is a very good and primary motivation.. lol

Last edited:
Join a photography outing.
Shoot family.
Bring camera and just 1 lens and shoot people.

For me family shots are a never ending motivation.

Need to find your back/new motivation and interest then go on and keep shooting. Recall what brings you to start photography 2 years ago.. if the passion and motivation totally die off..then i guess nothing can be help also..either sell or just use it when you need it (outing and events with friends).

I shooting mostly everything as and when i feels like... i will say a record photographer ?? Most probably.
No i dont bring my camera everywhere..

TS. you are asking what is the motivation we have to go shoot right?

for me, I got a smaller bag and bring just one body and one lens and bring out as often as possible.

Well... I shoot as and when I like and at any subject... be it your garden flower, my puppy, my old bullterrier miniature dog, ant hill, toilet bowl and camera equipment, everything.

It is up to oneself to make your subject interesting and not wait for an interesting subject to happen.

Anyway, we all suffer from not wanting to shoot once in a while though.

I take my camera with me everywhere I go so if I have the chance to shoot I'll be able to. :bsmilie: sadly I don't have the time so I end up carrying it around. :sweatsm: usually shoot Friday nights and weekends though. :) everything also can shoot. :p

If you leave it at home, you won't have any chances at all. :)

Last edited:
bonrya said:
I take my camera with me everywhere I go so if I have the chance to shoot I'll be able to. :bsmilie: sadly I don't have the time so I end up carrying it around. :sweatsm: usually shoot Friday nights and weekends though. :) everything also can shoot. :p

If you leave it at home, you won't have any chances at all. :)

Ur camera is wat brand one? So small meh? Hee hee

nowadays the weather is not really favouring my outdoor landscape shooting. :(

It's in my signature! :bsmilie: I only have one. :)
:rolleyes:

back to TS's original "qst"...I've only started shooting less than a year ago (last December), and I do agree with tecnica that the weather is not really favoring outdoor landscape shooting which I kinda like shooting. But on days which are sunny, I will either organize an outing with my small group of friends or go solo shoots.

On rainy days, either let the camera sleep in the cabinet or just heck it and go along.. Just did that last Saturday in Botanic Garden with an umbrella over head and walking the whole garden.

But for gatherings, sometimes I even prefer my P&S over the DSLR, cos you know that you may end up just taking 1 or 2 group photo for that event. (kinda turn off as I find it bulky to carry to such event)

Last edited:
I always carry my camera for every outing with family or friends and shoot anything I feel like. It's always switched on with lens cap off till I get home, I'm using an 'action sling' so my cam is not in the way most of the time other than the MRT gantry.. ;)

usually i will look at flickr and see where i can get nice sunset shots, then i will head out to the location on my own and start making photos. if not will be seeing some friends for some walkabout street shooting. :)

other than landscape, i also enjoy documenting the growth of my niece. she just turned 9 months old, going to be her first birthday soon!

tecnica said:
usually i will look at flickr and see where i can get nice sunset shots, then i will head out to the location on my own and start making photos. if not will be seeing some friends for some walkabout street shooting. :)

other than landscape, i also enjoy documenting the growth of my niece. she just turned 9 months old, going to be her first birthday soon!

Shoot real cute chubby xmm is best! Almost all r keepers.

Chubby new born also very good.. hee hee...

For me, I have 2 sons to shoot till they grew up. So I know my investment will last quite a while.
I do notice the frequency drops
When:
1. Your setup is too heavy
2. Same lens
Why not, get a prime, try uwa try tele try fisheye, try macro.
when u have a new lens, u will have new learning curve .... So u will shot again.
Keep changing lens ...

ahboy168 said:
For me, I have 2 sons to shoot till they grew up. So I know my investment will last quite a while.
When:
2. Same lens
when u have a new lens, u will have new learning curve .... So u will shot again.
Keep changing lens ...

Or you could limit yourself, work with contraints to push yourself to find unique angles using the best of your current gear.

Unless you like to collect lenses... Then BBB! :bsmilie:

I like to read camera books and websites, especially technology and shoot on week ends. I carry lx5 most often and shot
Landscape at sentosa and marina bay skyline. From there I walk home along esplanade, Clark quay, great world city, delta complex, red hill market and to bt merah central home.

When:
2. Same lens
Keep changing lens ...

This is an awesome idea! Too bad money is the limiting factor! Lol