How often do you upgrade your graphic card?

how often?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
never upgrade my Graphic card. Onli when i upgrade the whole PC den consider to up my GPU or not. But my preference is to have a more powerful processor(CPU)+RAM den a GPU.

Now using ATI RADEON 9700 Pro( My sixth/seventh graphic card). No reason to change cards since the better ones are just a tad better.

Haven't bought any upgrade card per se (used to though, during the 3Dfx Voodoo days - anyone still using those cards??) but I always get the latest-1 card whenever I buy a new PC (which is like every 2 years).

What do i mean by latest-1 ... eg. now we have ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and GeForce 5900 cards, but for my latest PC I got the ATI Radeon 9800 (not Pro).

Don't see the need to upgrade, as I don't play 3D games and my Matrox G400 gives me beautiful 2D.

2 years ago, i was supremely satisfied with a Matrox card of mine. marvelling at how long it lasted me (~2 years) and yet still being able to play the latest game.

tht before when a friend gave me the Geforce 2 card (due to his upgrading). The games i play suddenly hv a whole new dimension to it.

from then on, i started looking at the newest card specs whenever they're posted on the web. and counting my cents and when i can get it... :sweatsm:

NiVleK said:
Now using ATI RADEON 9700 Pro( My sixth/seventh graphic card). No reason to change cards since the better ones are just a tad better.
haha same card here, bought it in jan 2003, no reason to upgrade, u wont get more than 10% faster

I upgrade the graphics card along with everything else when I upgrade my computer. So that is about every 2-3 years with my last being Sept 02.

But I do need to get some sort of backup system.... I had a 60gig drive crash last week with all my scanned pics and no back up :cry: :mad2:

What gfx card?

Eversince I got married, I'm stuck with a laptop.

No money to buy a desktop... still saving for that dual CPU G5 and 20" cine display.

only change when it die... coz i dun play games that much either...

Me too, my last 2 cards burned out on me, now hoping this GF4 MX440 doesn't die that fast.

espn said:
Me too, my last 2 cards burned out on me, now hoping this GF4 MX440 doesn't die that fast.
usin the same graphic card as u.....

Status
Not open for further replies.