How often do you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Experienced an increase in blood pressure when u use ur computer? :angry:

*rant mode on*
Been a fustrating morning. Photoshop CS2 simply 'died', Finder simply 'died' each time I wanna do a simple task (like renaming a file).

Sigh... That's life on a G3. :cry: Anyone wants to contribute to "Save jsbn's blood pressure" fund for a new G5? ;p
*rant mode off*

jsbn said:

*rant mode on*
Been a fustrating morning. Photoshop CS2 simply 'died', Finder simply 'died' each time I wanna do a simple task (like renaming a file).

Sigh... That's life on a G3. :cry: Anyone wants to contribute to "Save jsbn's blood pressure" fund for a new G5? ;p
*rant mode off*
I think you need some time off photography..... how abt loaning your camera to me for a year?:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hmm... I dun think u'll wanna use mine considering that its in 'not so good' condition. :bsmilie:

Its my Mac I'm ranting abt actually.

wanna buy shares, up down also can increase blood pleasure very fun....:what:

jsbn said:

*rant mode on*

*rant mode off*

Get a G5 lar......but I guess your blood pressure will increase as your bank account will shrink:sweat:

Why not you wear your famous Hawaiian clothing with Straw hat. And don't forget to sing "She Bangs Sh Bangs......"

Your blood pressure will drop by halve.........and have enough money to get the following:

• Dual 2.7GHz PowerPC G5
• 8GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 8x1GB
• 2x400GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• 16x SuperDrive Double-Layer (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL w/256MB GDDR3 SDRAM
• PCI-X Gigabit Ethernet Card
• Fibre Channel PCI-X Card (w/ SFP-SFP cable)
• 56K V.92 Modem
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Bluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard + Mouse
• Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)

Total about $18,000 plus......plus Adobe suite about another $1,300 and iPod 60GB photo

Total figure = $20,000

This would distress yourself plenty......GO GO GO! She Bangs! She Bangs! She Bangs!:bsmilie:

Stress = Priceless

Mactel! :devil:

I think you kena the upgrade syndrome. I'm using a powerbook g4 550mhz and I stopped upgrading anything on it for a year already. Dont think I'll use anything more than the current CS on it. Not even thinking of upgrading to CS2.

Actually, I'm thinking of downgrading to get some speed. Starting a project with an old friend to revive our old Macs (Powerbook 1400, 1 Color Classics, Powermac 7500, Beige G3) in our mac museum and load Mac OS 7.5.3 (available for free download at Apple's support site, 19 disks!) and look for diskettes for Photoshop 2.5.

Its more for the nostalgic reasons why we're planning to do that. Doing colour adjustments on Photoshop 2.5 is just too tedious, other functions are worse! 2.5 doesn't do layers and its basically an engineer's toy... more a mathematical tool, but very fast. The Powermac 7500 used to be a DTP machine so its crammed with a lot of RAM, I believe it was close to 384Mb RAM, which was quite a beast in its day when computers only had 8Mb.

So, if you're a hobbyist, I think Photoshop 5-6 will be optimum for a G3. If you make a living from using photoshop, got to go G5. Or the new Mac Mini will already be a huge improvement. And its relatively cheap. Just cram it with RAM. "CRAM WITH RAM"... sounds good...

jsbn said:

*rant mode on*

*rant mode off*

Status
Not open for further replies.