How often do you bracket your shots?

Exposure Bracketing...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paddington

This survey is more suited for those who shoot with slide films. But digital cam users are welcome also. :)

I've taken for granted the shoot-view-reshoot convenience of a digital cam so far. Especially useful is the histogram. And using negative films won't tell you much about how good your exposure technique is.

OTOH, shooting slides is a challenge especially when you do fast and unpredictable shots of moving subjects like animals and vehicles. The lighting changes according to where they move to and 2 shots are usually never the same. Any tips anyone?

So the question is: how often do you bracket PER SHOT? With slides, I can't help being paranoid as subtle changes as little as 1/2 or even 1/3 make a difference. It's much easier for "standard" landscape or static shots but certainly not so with difficult animal shots as I mentioned above.

Cheers!

i haven't a clue what the numbers in the poll mean since the question is 'HOW OFTEN'. Do the numbers mean "once a day, twice a day, 3 times a day"?

Galen Rowell used a Measly 2 rolls of film (all he had at the time) to shoot Rainbow at Potola ;)

It's PER SHOT, as stated in my eariler post.

Ermm, pardon me, don't see how your reference to Galen Rowell fits into this discussion... :dunno:

Originally posted by Paddington
It's PER SHOT, as stated in my eariler post.

Ermm, pardon me, don't see how your reference to Galen Rowell fits into this discussion... :dunno:

So your question is 'How often do you bracket per shot'?

If you shoot a roll of 36 shots and 3-shot bracket 4 of them (12 exposures) that leaves you with 24 other exposures.

So PER SHOT, I would bracket 4/(24+4) = 0.1428. (number of shots bracketted divided by number of distinct shots taken)

So the number can never be more than 1.

Originally posted by erwinx

If you shoot a roll of 36 shots and 3-shot bracket 4 of them (12 exposures) that leaves you with 24 other exposures.

So PER SHOT, I would bracket 4/(24+4) = 0.1428. (number of shots bracketted divided by number of distinct shots taken)

Wow, looks like some computer programmer junkie is showing off his pedantic math prowess. Whatever.

I'm not into all this pernickety squabbles. So those guys who posted their votes seem to be making mistakes?

I'd say ON THE AVERAGE PER SHOT, dude! Take it easy man. ;) For your interest, in your example, it'd be in the 1st category of the vote: Hardly.

Originally posted by erwinx

What's all this jazz... I think the question is clear enuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.