how often do u on/off yr kx?

ohok1973

Jan 20, 2010
do u off it after taking yr shots? Presuming that u do not know when the next subject will be while touring a new place.

Of course it will be silly to off it whenu know the next shot will be close by.

When if u left it on, what is the auto off duration that u have set?

Just came to my mind as i on the cam for almost 5 hours taking about 250 shots in the zoo few days ago before. Good enough for me but just wondering if it will last longer. Btw the battery shows red after that not depleted yet.

Care to share yr experience pls.

Tia

I personally leave my camera on all the time when I am using it... i.e. I go into the Menu Settings and switch off the Auto Power Save feature. I also personally prefer having a fixed LCD brightness (whichever setting comes as close to my calibrated PC monitor) so I also do not set LCD brightness to Auto Brightness.

Since I use rechargeable batteries most of the time and always carry several extra fully charged sets as well, I really don't care how much power my camera and flash units consume. In fact I do not even wait for my batteries to deplete fully... I simply change to another fully charged battery set when I notice performance getting slower (flash recharging time.)

Unless you are using the more expensive Lithiums, or are running out of extra charged batteries, you don't need to bother too much about switching your camera on/off multiple times during a photo session.

I think in Live-View mode, it shouldn't be ON for too long... as it might overheat the CMOS sensor...