Do you crop your images

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
All expert photographers,

Just curious, do you do lots of cropping from your original shots to make it your final keep or you truely rely on your composition skill during each shot?

Since there are high megapixel capable cameras nowadays which allow you to post process your final composition without losing image quality. What's your usual practise?

Thanks for sharing your experience heh :)
  • >80% collection was cropped images
  • about 50% of collection was cropped images
  • Seldom crop images unless necessary
  • Never crop images... True composition at each take

slightly less than half the time

More than half the time I do a 2/3 crop of 3/4 of the half cropped images.

let's trythis,

other then the times ya really need to crop for the 4:6 or for the 6x6 feel
how often do ya need to visit the loo?

should be about a few times a day

hmm... if you guys do lots of cropping in PS, does that mean you don't really care about composition, to fill your object 80-90% from the view finder?

I'm learning the way how you guys frame the shots... :)

really depends, if the project got 1:1 format or i need to follow a magazine size, then i need to crop it.

My latest commercial work, i need to crop pictures like they have been hand cut by using scissors.

there are alot of stuff to think off, editorial covers need a big space to place titles and fonts, so you need to crop too!

you never dun care, you need to know what and how to frame your pictures, that part of capturing an image

i read a article that says u need to crop every pic, because the viewfinder only shows 80%-90% of what is captured, and somethings when u see in your viewfinder swee swee, the pic comes out with extra things that u may not wan

but i seldom crop my pic

I crop all my pics. because I convert print to digital, crop to have the 2:3, 3:4 ratio.

when i first started out photogaphy, i used to crop alot.

i think as we start to learn about composition, we tend to crop lesser nowadays. but i still crop!

Thanks for all feedback... Now I've roughly know what to do after copying the images from CF card reader. :think:

Cheers!
ST.

as long as u think it will make ur picture looks nicer..y not?

I seldom do cropping but more often on macro pics....

I crop whenever I have to....

crop when necessary, but try to frame it in the start

I crop most of my pictures at least a little. Why? Because you always have to leave a little margin for error when you take a photo. Especially those that are handheld. Mostly to correct sloping horizons. I crop far less if i use a tripod but that is hardly always practical. BTW do you notice how printers like Epsons "crop" your photos a little when you print? Even if you set the image to the right size.

normally i never crop....wat for....crop manually by zooming in or movin in la...hahha...

unless its events....when someone juz hav to conveniently walk in at the side and spoil the composition.....like this then probably i will crop....hhaha..

Status
Not open for further replies.