How ofen do you change your LCD screen protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm referring to both for digital cams as well as PDAs. Is there a need to change them after a certain period to be safe even if there is no apparent wear and tear?

Btw, anyone knows where to buy daproducts LCD screen protector or we can only get it online?

Thanks!

kiwi2 said:
I'm referring to both for digital cams as well as PDAs. Is there a need to change them after a certain period to be safe even if there is no apparent wear and tear?

Btw, anyone knows where to buy daproducts LCD screen protector or we can only get it online?

Thanks!

I dun change mine until there is a need. (worn out etc.)

Someone's selling at the buy and sell section?

:D

Well, you can organise a MO for it, or wait for someone to organise one, if not, just get it online. It's about S$12 only. Locally, don't know of anywhere that sells 'da protectors.

Ivor is selling some spares, so you should check with him.

Click here!

Thanks...I've seen Ivor's post but I'm looking for daprotector for Nikon...he's not selling it.

Btw, does Cathay not carry some screen protector products? Is there anything unique about "daprotector"? I was thinking can't we just get the usual PDA protector and cut it to size. A bit wasteful but cheaper?

daprotector is a piece of hard plastic with one face scratch resistant..not sticker type

kiwi2 said:
Thanks...I've seen Ivor's post but I'm looking for daprotector for Nikon...he's not selling it.

Btw, does Cathay not carry some screen protector products? Is there anything unique about "daprotector"? I was thinking can't we just get the usual PDA protector and cut it to size. A bit wasteful but cheaper?

change as when needed - e.g. when badly scratched. there was one time, I was happily scribbling grafitti on my PDA and discovered I was using the ink point! ;p had to change the cover ;p

i have not changed mine so far... does anyone know where to get a hoodman for nikon D100?

sunnyday said:
daprotector is a piece of hard plastic with one face scratch resistant..not sticker type

Ok, here's an embarrassing question... how do you use it? :embrass:

I've just got one from Cathay... not daprotector but yes, it's a piece of hard plastic that has two similar non-sticky surfaces! Indeed, it's not the sticky type that I'm familiar with in PDAs.

So.. how do I get it to stick on my LCD? It just wouldn't! Doesn't help that the instructions are all in Japanese.

Thanks! :)

kiwi2 said:

I've just got one from Cathay... not daprotector but yes, it's a piece of hard plastic that has two similar non-sticky surfaces! Indeed, it's not the sticky type that I'm familiar with in PDAs.

So.. how do I get it to stick on my LCD? It just wouldn't! Doesn't help that the instructions are all in Japanese.

Get a translater? :D

If your LCD has no clips then you'll have to use sticky tape to stick it on. I thought sticky tape comes with the product?

kiwi2 said:

Yoy shoudl be able to peel out one side of the protector...

theITguy said:
Yoy shoudl be able to peel out one side of the protector...

Oh really ah? Is that how daprotector works? I thought so too as the plastic feels pretty thick for an lcd... But I dare not do so in case damaged. Anyway, will go down to CP tomorrow and confirm this embarrasing question. :embrass: Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.