How ofen do you change your LCD screen protector?


Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
953
4
0
Visit site
#1
I'm referring to both for digital cams as well as PDAs. Is there a need to change them after a certain period to be safe even if there is no apparent wear and tear?

Btw, anyone knows where to buy daproducts LCD screen protector or we can only get it online?

Thanks!
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#2
kiwi2 said:
I'm referring to both for digital cams as well as PDAs. Is there a need to change them after a certain period to be safe even if there is no apparent wear and tear?

Btw, anyone knows where to buy daproducts LCD screen protector or we can only get it online?

Thanks!
I dun change mine until there is a need. (worn out etc.)

Someone's selling at the buy and sell section?

:D
 

#3
Well, you can organise a MO for it, or wait for someone to organise one, if not, just get it online. It's about S$12 only. Locally, don't know of anywhere that sells 'da protectors.

Ivor is selling some spares, so you should check with him.

Click here!
 

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
953
4
0
Visit site
#4
Thanks...I've seen Ivor's post but I'm looking for daprotector for Nikon...he's not selling it.

Btw, does Cathay not carry some screen protector products? Is there anything unique about "daprotector"? I was thinking can't we just get the usual PDA protector and cut it to size. A bit wasteful but cheaper?
 

sunnyday

New Member
Jul 11, 2003
395
1
0
38
Bedok Reservoir
Visit site
#5
daprotector is a piece of hard plastic with one face scratch resistant..not sticker type

kiwi2 said:
Thanks...I've seen Ivor's post but I'm looking for daprotector for Nikon...he's not selling it.

Btw, does Cathay not carry some screen protector products? Is there anything unique about "daprotector"? I was thinking can't we just get the usual PDA protector and cut it to size. A bit wasteful but cheaper?
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#6
change as when needed - e.g. when badly scratched. there was one time, I was happily scribbling grafitti on my PDA and discovered I was using the ink point! ;p had to change the cover ;p
 

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
953
4
0
Visit site
#8
sunnyday said:
daprotector is a piece of hard plastic with one face scratch resistant..not sticker type
Ok, here's an embarrassing question... how do you use it? :embrass:

I've just got one from Cathay... not daprotector but yes, it's a piece of hard plastic that has two similar non-sticky surfaces! Indeed, it's not the sticky type that I'm familiar with in PDAs.

So.. how do I get it to stick on my LCD? It just wouldn't! Doesn't help that the instructions are all in Japanese.

Thanks! :)
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#9
kiwi2 said:
Ok, here's an embarrassing question... how do you use it? :embrass:

I've just got one from Cathay... not daprotector but yes, it's a piece of hard plastic that has two similar non-sticky surfaces! Indeed, it's not the sticky type that I'm familiar with in PDAs.

So.. how do I get it to stick on my LCD? It just wouldn't! Doesn't help that the instructions are all in Japanese.

Thanks! :)
Get a translater? :D

If your LCD has no clips then you'll have to use sticky tape to stick it on. I thought sticky tape comes with the product?
 

theITguy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2003
3,142
0
0
In this small world
Visit site
#10
kiwi2 said:
Ok, here's an embarrassing question... how do you use it? :embrass:

I've just got one from Cathay... not daprotector but yes, it's a piece of hard plastic that has two similar non-sticky surfaces! Indeed, it's not the sticky type that I'm familiar with in PDAs.

So.. how do I get it to stick on my LCD? It just wouldn't! Doesn't help that the instructions are all in Japanese.

Thanks! :)

Yoy shoudl be able to peel out one side of the protector...
 

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
953
4
0
Visit site
#11
theITguy said:
Yoy shoudl be able to peel out one side of the protector...
Oh really ah? Is that how daprotector works? I thought so too as the plastic feels pretty thick for an lcd... But I dare not do so in case damaged. Anyway, will go down to CP tomorrow and confirm this embarrasing question. :embrass: Thanks!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom