How much you spend on photography each month?

how much you spend on photography each month ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi frens, realise it is an expensive hobby, just wondering how much is the spending range in Singapore ? new equipment purchase or repair, model shoots, courses etc... :cool:

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
hi frens, realise it is an expensive hobby, just wondering how much is the spending range in Singapore ? new equipment purchase or repair, model shoots, courses etc... :cool:
Digital now... almost no running cost.. ;p

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Keep the same DSLR and dont upgrade.
Use kit lens and dont buy new lens.
Practise with friends and dont join model shoot or course.

espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
but... u need to buy new lenses ? ;p
u need to buy new lenses every month???

you just need a few lenses: a wide, a medium tele, and after that depends on what you like to shoot, a macro, a 50mm prime for portraits, or a super tele if u into birding.

so maybe 2 lenses for a start, and you add a third or fourth some months later, and you have full battle order.

well u may need accessories like flash, tripod, and teleconvertor, again depending on what you like to shoot.

u spend more time than money all in all, like spending time here on clubsnap and participating in polls ... :dunno:

michhy

Oct 21, 2005
it's not expensive if you only spend on what you really needed for this hobby, I think. :think:

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
each month not so realistic .... there are 2 types of expenditures: ..... the fixed expense like the cam, lens, etc... and the other is the expenses like developing photos, model shoot fees, etc.... :dunno:

Mar 10, 2007
Yishun
i believe those that spend more than 2k per mth must be real good photographers....

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
i believe those that spend more than 2k per mth must be real good photographers....
well if they earn 30k a month, spending 2k a month is peanuts.

i guess a good photographer is one that will make money from what he shoots... otherwise it is just a pure toy play.

i had a fren who had a D200 and simple lenses, making an average 4k a month from photoshoots... drawback is no cpf , no medical benefits and frequent overseas travelling. :thumbsup: however his family often miss him alot.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
well if they earn 30k a month, spending 2k a month is peanuts.

i guess a good photographer is one that will make money from what he shoots... otherwise it is just a pure toy play.

i had a fren who had a D200 and simple lenses, making an average 4k a month from photoshoots... drawback is no cpf , no medical benefits and frequent overseas travelling. :thumbsup: however his family often miss him alot.
4k a month is about the pay of some engineers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom