How much would you pay for a screw on Macro filter for Pentax mount?

MagnumLite

Mar 7, 2010
East
Was walking around SLS this afternoon, and pop in one of the 2nd floor photo shop, I know I shouldn't but what the heck. Looking for the Macro extension tube for the Pentax mount, so ask the gentleman manning the shop. He brought me to one of the display counter and ask me which lens am I using? So what's the relevance here, the extension tube should be able to take on all lens right?

Then he took out the macro magnifying filters that you attached to the front of your lens, so now I see the relevance, but not what I'm looking for. So I ask him how much, nearly fainted when he said " Singapore Dollars 150 ". I am local as any local would be, perhaps my nice white hair and fair skin makes him think that I'm from some foreign land:dunno:, btw I speak with no accent, the usual way any one would ask ~ "How much?"

So when I told him it was way off my budget, then he ask me how much I was my budget? How much would you guys pay for the macro filters?

BTW any recommendation for the macro extension tube, one of the advertisement on CS indicate it's $20 but thought that I might just want to walk in somewhere and purchase it rather then wait to get delivered to me.

That's even more expensive than the Raynox DCR-250! If you want a good macro filter, get the Raynox, which I think is around $100 or even less, it's one of the best you can get. If you just want to play with it and don't quite care about image quality, I wouldn't pay more than $10+ for an uncoated singlet type. I say all these without having checked the price guides, maybe you should look there first....

Btw, if you're looking for screw-on filters, it doesn't matter what brand or mount camera/lens you're using, as long as the filter size is correct for the lens, it'll fit. So you don't have to look for a "macro filter for Pentax mount". If you did, that might be why the salesman tried to chop you.

Was walking around SLS this afternoon, and pop in one of the 2nd floor photo shop, I know I shouldn't but what the heck. Looking for the Macro extension tube for the Pentax mount, so ask the gentleman manning the shop. He brought me to one of the display counter and ask me which lens am I using? So what's the relevance here, the extension tube should be able to take on all lens right?

Then he took out the macro magnifying filters that you attached to the front of your lens, so now I see the relevance, but not what I'm looking for. So I ask him how much, nearly fainted when he said " Singapore Dollars 150 ". I am local as any local would be, perhaps my nice white hair and fair skin makes him think that I'm from some foreign land:dunno:, btw I speak with no accent, the usual way any one would ask ~ "How much?"

So when I told him it was way off my budget, then he ask me how much I was my budget? How much would you guys pay for the macro filters?

BTW any recommendation for the macro extension tube, one of the advertisement on CS indicate it's $20 but thought that I might just want to walk in somewhere and purchase it rather then wait to get delivered to me.

Those "macro" filters are mainly for PnSs and not for SLRs . . .

That much I would have guess, a good quality brand macro filter would have cost close to $100 but, I specifically ask the gentleman for a Macro Tube Extension for Pentax mount, not filters. In a nother word if you don't do your research properly, you would have been chopped,dice and served!

Last edited:
That much I would have guess, a good quality brand macro filter would have cost close to $100 but, I specifically ask the gentleman for a Macro Tube Extension for Pentax mount, not filters. In a nother word if you don't do your research properly, you would have been chopped,dice and served!

These guys dun even bother about "Tube extension" once they hear "macro" they will try to "sell" their adapters to anyone foolhardy enough to be hooked by them. Luckily, you had done your homework and did not get smoked by them.

In SLS only save places are Alan Photo and Orient Photo, the rest are highly unreliable . . .

Sim Lim 2nd floor "gentleman's" definition of macro extension tube = stretch your wallet :eek:

The extension tube does need to be for the correct mount, so asking about the brand you are using isn't incorrect. I doubt he had this in mind when he asked though.

The extension tube does vary in price if you can find one that actuates the aperture lever. The ordinary ones costs ~$20.

Try OP, or the fellas in Mass Order

Yup actually was there to visit OP, surprisingly they were close before 6 pm, anyway have PM Dimage at Mass order they have what I'm looking for and I guess it's safer dealing here.