How Much will you pay for half day Studio usage??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If e studio is not too small $30 an hr is very resonable, so half day (4 hr) $120 is good. :thumbsup:

xxxger said:
Studios for half day ? ..... 4-6 hours ?
I think $40 for 4 hours ... $60 for 6 hours lor ...
for those who offer you for $120 for half day ... $200 for full day, ask them go NTUC buy a knife, ... and see which bank security .... :lovegrin:
XXX is one of the most consistent character here on CS. Why am I not surprise of her comments? S$10 an hour, I won't even bother to get out of bed to open the door.

$120-$150 for a half day, 4 hours, is the market price for a fairly well equipped studio. However, more and more, I have seen make shift studio popping up here and there, not worth the $ to pay for the electricity to charge the batteries. Must visit the studio before you go and shoot there.

xxxger said:
for those who offer you for $120 for half day ... $200 for full day, ask them go NTUC buy a knife, ... and see which bank security .... :lovegrin:

$100 to $150 for half a day is the norm depanding on location, size of studio, and what the studio have to offer.
xxxer: Have you ever rent a studio before? Where is this studio that charge $60/- for 6 hrs? I'll dump my studio and rent from him/her/it/whatever.

xxxger said:

Is your lighting Phillips or Osram? I think $40 is fair.

dawgbyte77 said:
Is your lighting Phillips or Osram? I think $40 is fair.

Don't play ... play noe .... :sticktong

Phillips and Osram make some very good halogen bulbs ... together with the correct light stand it can create quite good one light or multi-lighting effects .... Your model just have to be heat resistant ;) or the studio must have very good A/C.

But then powering up the lights and the strong A/C may prob cost more than $40 ....

Seriously, $10 an hour in current day situation is not too likely ... Maybe XXXger would like o elaborate on what is supplied at the $10 an hour studio. :think:

Side note : Actually $10 an hour for a studio (or just a place to shoot) makes me think of certain "budget" chain of hotels .... Would that be what XXXger meant? :sweatsm:

RGDs

xxxger said:

Think you will see a lot of people buying knives at NTUC already ..... if you do not know the operating cost, I suggest you keep it to yourself.

Of course if you have a studio complete with lightings, backdrops and etc to rent out for $40, I think you will have a lot of customers.

Basic Math .....

one day = 8 hours of usage, if you earn $80 a day from rental, it would be $80 x 30 (assuming you able to rent the studio out everyday) = $1600.

For example, your monthly rental for the place is $2000. Depreciation of equipment at $500 per year, adding a monthly utilities bills of $200, complete wil maintenance of equipment and changing of backdrop ....... You will be losing money like nobody's business ..... That is excluding renovation cost.

So girl .... engage your brain before you engage your mouth (in this case, your fingers).

error $80 x 30 days= $2400 per month. anyway, still losing $.

blurblock said:
Think you will see a lot of people buying knives at NTUC already ..... if you do not know the operating cost, I suggest you keep it to yourself.

Of course if you have a studio complete with lightings, backdrops and etc to rent out for $40, I think you will have a lot of customers.

Basic Math .....

one day = 8 hours of usage, if you earn $80 a day from rental, it would be $80 x 30 (assuming you able to rent the studio out everyday) = $1600.

For example, your monthly rental for the place is $2000. Depreciation of equipment at $500 per year, adding a monthly utilities bills of $200, complete wil maintenance of equipment and changing of backdrop ....... You will be losing money like nobody's business ..... That is excluding renovation cost.

So girl .... engage your brain before you engage your mouth (in this case, your fingers).

reachme2003 said:
error $80 x 30 days= $2400 per month. anyway, still losing $.

I don't care, I just want to rent a cheaper than dirt studio. Must make sure sign a 3 years contract. And if break contract will have to pay the diff of the new place that I rent.

Perhaps its not really accurate to count rental of studio based on monthly rentals. Most studios regard daily rentals as incidental to their business in trying to recoup some costs. They set up a studio primarily for their primary line of work - don't think there's anyone out there who sets up a studio just to do 30 days of daily rental.

vince123123 said:
Perhaps its not really accurate to count rental of studio based on monthly rentals. Most studios regard daily rentals as incidental to their business in trying to recoup some costs. They set up a studio primarily for their primary line of work - don't think there's anyone out there who sets up a studio just to do 30 days of daily rental.
ok Vince, will you rent me your for $10/hr :) please :)

ok ok ... S$11/ hour

PCYL, did u just call me and asked me what I have in my studio, how much I rent, what light I have, what type of ppl rent etc etc?

vince123123 said:

Correct :D .... but then even so, no one rent it out for $10 an hour, that is as good as paying the customer to use the studio's equipment. I think the cost of using the lighting and backdrop is more then $10 an hour. It is used to recoup some cost, not to lose more money.

Hmmm, I rent my studio for only S$60.00 a day. (24hrs) It comes with 2 X 1000 watts lightings. Got aircon and toilet. Somore got TB and Ladio. The photos Take II, Take III and Take IV are taken in that studio.

Guys i like to work out on a package for student will be great right , let say if i will to rent out my studio for $150 buck for student they will get extra hour , sound great 5 hours instead of 4 hours (extra 25% usage) , inclusive of soft drinks , how the charges for student any more feed back?

Deadpoet said:
ok Vince, will you rent me your for $10/hr :) please :)

ok ok ... S$11/ hour

Well i work on 5 hours for student price $150 for 5 hrs use

Bobman said:
Hmmm, I rent my studio for only S$60.00 a day. (24hrs) It comes with 2 X 1000 watts lightings. Got aircon and toilet. Somore got TB and Ladio. The photos Take II, Take III and Take IV are taken in that studio.

Where huh? Got the address or contact number? Give us lei!!! Not JB I hope:sweatsm:

are you at tanjong pagar?

Bobman said:

Astin said:
PCYL, did u just call me and asked me what I have in my studio, how much I rent, what light I have, what type of ppl rent etc etc?
So PCYL, are u the guy who called me up and checked this checked that?

Astin said:
So PCYL, are u the guy who called me up and checked this checked that?
i am not the guy Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.