How much to repair film SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedium

Jun 19, 2004
www.photo.net
Any idea how much it would cost to repair an SLR with a broken film back catch, clean/remove mould from a 28-105mm USM lens? And roughly how much to replace shutter?

Anybody know how much it'll cost? And can recommend a cheap/fair place to go to seek repair?

benedium said:
Any idea how much it would cost to repair an SLR with a broken film back catch, clean/remove mould from a 28-105mm USM lens? And roughly how much to replace shutter?

The back catch is pretty minor but dependent on your model, they may not have the parts anymore. Lense cleaning at Canon is around $80-$120. To replace the shutter block, you are looking at around $150 upwards, (had to replace mine for the EOS 500, 50 and 5 due to the infamous leaking lubricant problem.)

when my wife's pentax broke down, the service centre quoted me $170+ to repair. in the end, we both decided its not worth it.

actually wanted to get ur lens, benedium. but, i remember reading here b4 dat once u send the lens for cleaning, some of the lens coating will be gone too - ie colour reproduction, contrast etc... may be a bit off. since i going to use it on film.... oh well. :cry:

wah so paiseh for the late reply :angel:
Thank you all for your recommendations.
Will go check 'em out soon.
Thanks again. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.