How much to frame movie poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Jan 17, 2002
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
Anyone know how much is costs to frame a normal sized movie poster and where is the cheapest?

Thanks.

Originally posted by dragos
Anyone know how much is costs to frame a normal sized movie poster and where is the cheapest?

Thanks.
Framed a few before. With aluminium frame and non-reflective glass. Around $55-60. Shop is quite ulu, at clementi ave 2.

if you need cheap framing you should consider getting ready made frames at Ikea. Well, if the sizes are too large, you can alway do a window mounting to fit your poster in.

Originally posted by azone

Framed a few before. With aluminium frame and non-reflective glass. Around $55-60. Shop is quite ulu, at clementi ave 2.

where is it? do u have the exact address?

i stay near clementi..:)

where is it? do u have the exact address?

i stay near clementi..:)
Since you lived near here, it should be easy. I dun have the exact address thou. Its blk 354. The shop is quite near the Econ minimart and directly facing blk 360. Look for the friendly guy called andrew.

Originally posted by excentrique
if you need cheap framing you should consider getting ready made frames at Ikea. Well, if the sizes are too large, you can alway do a window mounting to fit your poster in.

window mounting?

Thanks.

if you have found where to go yet... i have the following to recommend...

Wah Yow Trading Company
520 Sims Ave #01-04 (Near Gelang Lorong 35)
Tel: 67444131

Went to the shop once to do framing. cost about $30 for a 80cm x 23cm with aluminium frame and rough surface glass.

call them up first to check for estimated price before u go down.

Originally posted by azone

Since you lived near here, it should be easy. I dun have the exact address thou. Its blk 354. The shop is quite near the Econ minimart and directly facing blk 360. Look for the friendly guy called andrew.

That's my uncle. Just mention that Shannon recommended you to him.

Originally posted by Minimalis

That's my uncle. Just mention that Shannon recommended you to him.
OMG!! :eek: What a small world! But i have to admit that he's a very skillful craftsman. A nice person to chat with too. :)

Originally posted by Necroist

window mounting?

opps.. sorry, another of my jargon... Window mount basically means a cardboard (presentation board/mounting board) which you can get at Art friend. Cut a hole in the centre big enough (but slightly smaller than your picture)and fit your picture nicely. Bingo. The boards comes in huge sizes so you can cut them down to size to fit odd sizes frames. Cheap and beautiful.

erm in that case, how would window mounting make the poster size smaller for a ready-made poster frame?

Originally posted by Necroist
erm in that case, how would window mounting make the poster size smaller for a ready-made poster frame?

Well, I guess you will normally get a frame which is bigger than the poster. No point of getting a frame smaller than the poster right? The board will be good if the frame are far too huge for the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.