how much to charge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iczboi

May 19, 2007
www.flickr.com
Hi,

I have been called up to be a photographer for a opening ceremony for a website at Suntec City.

I am not professional, yet I don't want to take no-paid leave (S$100/day) to do something for free.

How much you guys think I should charge them ?

Please express your 2cents :)

Add up all the cost: $100, transport, photos?, meal... then mulitpy by 10...:devil:

wah chop them ar? lol...

Maybe charge 250 (4hrs)...

If you're out to make a profit, determine the profit you want to earn per hour inclusive of transport cost, total that up, then add S$100 to it. if you're there to help a friend, well, you decide - as long as you're not making a loss. Remember that your boss's impression of you cannot be quantified in terms of money - you will look bad if he finds out what you did.

Last edited:
I have been called up to be a photographer for a opening ceremony for a website at Suntec City.

Did they quote you a sum when they first informed you of your appointment? Quite likely that they won't pay you if there was no talk of money in the first place.

Hi iczboi, I am sure they are prepared to pay you a sum of money.
I think if you are required to PP your shots and provide them with print outs, CD with large Mb image files (processed) for their website, then you must factor in the extra amount of time you need for that. Perhaps something like this - 4 hours on the job for the event, and another 6 hours of post processing to produce the CD for the company.
Expressing the amount to be charged here would be an invitation to heated discussion, I feel, as the amount varies very widely. But perhaps the illustration of the time needed above would give you an idea how much you will charge.
My humble opinon.

Status
Not open for further replies.