How Much To Charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohgui said:
guys... thanks for the advise.

i happened to ask my fren what if they won't pay and i don't shoot... he mentioned then the club will source for volunteer photog to shoot.

so... another dilemma. should i forego this shoot just because i don't make money out of it or should i just take up this assignment with whatever little i get but treat this as an opportunity to start building up my portfolio. you never know when the next opportunity to shoot commercially will come around.
Realistically, the pictures you took at this shoot, probably will not be good enough for your portfolio. I am not saying you are not good enough, I am rferring to the club in question. They want it cheap, and therefore will probably not provide you with everything tat you need to get the "right" shots made.

Give it a pass. Go arrange shoots for yourself, and get your portfolio built that way.

This is another scam local businesses try to press onto local photographers. Simple as that.

mohgui said:

i happened to ask my fren what if they won't pay and i don't shoot... he mentioned then the club will source for volunteer photog to shoot.

so... another dilemma. should i forego this shoot just because i don't make money out of it or should i just take up this assignment with whatever little i get but treat this as an opportunity to start building up my portfolio. you never know when the next opportunity to shoot commercially will come around.

portfolio can be build if you are hard working and keen enough, and do you know that some commercial photographers shoot alot of things in studio in free time, they shoot it as to perfect their skills and use some as portfoilios.

Should forego this shoot.

mohgui said:

You should make enough money to make it worthwhile for you to shoot. There'll be pressure and expectation to deliver the goods.

If you don't make money out of it, why not spend the energy and time to shhot other things to build your portfolio?

When you think you're good opportunities will come or you'll find it easier to get opportunities.

Good luck.

vince123123 said:
That's why I think he's asking around HERE to find out what the market rate is.

i had mentioned that he shouldnt charge less than $200.

in any event, seems like a moot subject.. as to their offer, i would reject it... shouldnt give in to clubs/ companies like this just angling for free stuff.

give them the lowest resolution.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.