How much to charge for coffeetable wedding albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumnite

Oct 16, 2005
How much is the rate to charge for coffeetable wedding albums?

I have similar question regarding the coffeetable wedding albums also. Anybody knows the rate?

Beside the above question, i would also like to know where provide such services? I heard there is one at Suntec?? Anyone can confirm??

i also want to know leh... nobody want to tell? industry secret? :dunno:

Depending on the quality, for me the couples often pick the $80 ones :p

Charge what you are worth,$800 for a coffeetable with cuppacino throw in should be reasonable.

first of all. coffeetable books do not come cheap.

$80 to me would just be those who do DIY themselves.

$15-30 a page is good if you wanna do printing. of course this $15-30 includes labour and printing charges.

coffeetable books that are made by manufacturers range from $150-800. of course there are some which cost $2000-4000 as cost price too. :bsmilie:

charge $900 is good la. $800 a bit too low if he wants to earn the transport money to get to the printer, buy albums. stick it here and there....

$100 can make a small difference. :bsmilie:

well. if u doing AD with coffeetable. even if you charge at 1k, its rather reasonable.

For myself, my albums start at $1500 for the base book on top of the service fee. No idea about any album maker at Suntec, but depending on how much you want to spend, you can check out some at fotohub, and riceball photography bookstore. They're a really cheap and probably the best bet if you don't want to price your albums beyond $1k

charge $900 is good la. $800 a bit too low if he wants to earn the transport money to get to the printer, buy albums. stick it here and there....

$100 can make a small difference. :bsmilie:

well. if u doing AD with coffeetable. even if you charge at 1k, its rather reasonable.

u need to charge a high fee for all the time spent designing... laying out...

not forgetting the electric bills etc. and the high cost of getting the album churned out by a 3rd party maker, if u're getting someone to print and bind for u.

comes up to quite a bit.

How much is an hour of your time spent in front of the monitor/computer worth?
How many hours is needed to design a 40pp book?

I've heard of photog spending 2 months on a book, I've worked with pros whom spent 2 hours on a 80pp book. It takes less than 5 minutes to print a book, 20minutes to sew and bound it. Printing is cheap by comparison. I'm charging my worth, are you?

Then I must have undercharge them, no wonder they happily pick the package.
oh I forgot to mention it's a 20pp book. I was charging the price as I had a good deal for book printing (price is confidential) and I don't earn from the album.

Then I must have undercharge them, no wonder they happily pick the package.
oh I forgot to mention it's a 20pp book. I was charging the price as I had a good deal for book printing (price is confidential) and I don't earn from the album.

Think in terms of couples paying for YOUR WORK, in other words, how much time you need to churn out the layout, do the editing, transport to the lab.

One of my books is priced at SGD$3500.00, and how I came to this pricing is really working out the manhours involved, my overseas calls, liasing with the album company overseas, freight charges, etc.

You must be thinking, why would anyone pay $3500.00 for an album? Truth is, all the couple who had included this item in their package, don't even bargain at all, especially when they can see why the book is worth paying that amount.

Thanks all for the insight. Really appreciate it that all are willing to share these tips. Thanks much:)

Now its my turn to ask some qns too, as in where do you print your photos? I've got an offer to do ROM, but I've not done it before. photo taking and editing should be alright but creating a coffeetable album where and how am i suppose to go around doing it? Anyone care to help me? need to find out the answer asap

Recommend Photohub... but expensive...

Now its my turn to ask some qns too, as in where do you print your photos? I've got an offer to do ROM, but I've not done it before. photo taking and editing should be alright but creating a coffeetable album where and how am i suppose to go around doing it? Anyone care to help me? need to find out the answer asap

If you want some of the very best books, you can try Queensberry or Digicraft from Australia. Alternatively, you can try Konota or Fotohub or riceball, they do these as well.

Just like photography, pricing wise differs for each supplier, but you get what you pay for.

Thankyou very much for the prompt and useful replies, however may I also know where can i find these companies? Are they based in locally? If yes where is it?

Thankyou very much for the prompt and useful replies, however may I also know where can i find these companies? Are they based in locally? If yes where is it?

www.queensberry.com.au

Fotohub and Konota needs no introduction.

But remember one thing, peanuts = monkeys, this equation applies to albums as well :)

The Aldephi (opp Funan), Colorlab, they do provide this services. They have variety of sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.