How much to charge for 3 days photoshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

upitreks

Mar 18, 2004
Yishun
Im shooting for a school. and I will be doing it for 3 days with 4 hrs per day.
How much do I need to charge them. I always do this as a hobby until my friend asked me to take for her school. Please do advice. Thank you.

Exactly WHAT are you required to shoot, and exactly WHAT would the final output be?

What you are required to shoot - covers job scope, technical requirements and difficulty, including lights and assistant, post work and how long would the entire assignment actually take. If you are told you will be doing just class and staff photos, what is the intended layout and what are the location difficulties you might face?

What the final output is - may determine equipment requirements - do you have the necessary or do you need to rent?

Still got a lot more factors to consider...

Hehehe....this one very very simple.

Charge as much as they can afford.......which is not much.:bsmilie:

Please do not let them know you are doing it as a hobby, then they will want free service from you.

Hehehe....this one very very simple.

Charge as much as they can afford.......which is not much.:bsmilie:

Please do not let them know you are doing it as a hobby, then they will want free service from you.

Words of wisdom! :bsmilie:

hahaha, i did a simple photoshoot recently, 1 day about 6 hrs plus... charged 80 bucks... w/o rental, however if you need to rent, yr px will be higher then obviously... but you must suit the client budget and if you are not up 2 standard, dont expect recommendations or revisit from the client ;p

but from wat i see... pro guys (& gals) out there are chargin around 200-300 plus at least for a simple short photoshoot, if u are amateur like me, halve tt px at least, i guess. u wldnt want a potential client running off if u charge exorbant px and u dont have a nice portfolio to back yr high px

hahaha, i did a simple photoshoot recently, 1 day about 6 hrs plus... charged 80 bucks... w/o rental, however if you need to rent, yr px will be higher then obviously... but you must suit the client budget and if you are not up 2 standard, dont expect recommendations or revisit from the client ;p

but from wat i see... pro guys (& gals) out there are chargin around 200-300 plus at least for a simple short photoshoot, if u are amateur like me, halve tt px at least, i guess. u wldnt want a potential client running off if u charge exorbant px and u dont have a nice portfolio to back yr high px

You mean 200-300 per hour?

Words of wisdom! :bsmilie:

Aiya, all schools have so little budget (which is not true....) but taking full advantage newbies. Never seems to amaze me......all the teachers and principals are paid so well but always taking us for a ride.

I have been approach by some schools before and I always charge my daily rate. So far none is interested. :bsmilie:

You mean 200-300 per hour?

erm some charge 200-300 per hours, some 4 a few hours, but give u selected shots... dont ask me how... hahaha, not sure how the biz goes

Aiya, all schools have so little budget (which is not true....) but taking full advantage newbies. Never seems to amaze me......all the teachers and principals are paid so well but always taking us for a ride.

I have been approach by some schools before and I always charge my daily rate. So far none is interested. :bsmilie:

hahah, usually schools are not willing to pay u... there will need to find quotations and all those admin stuff, its a SOP in MOE schools, as such, unless u provide a minimal px, dont bother thinkin of getting the job... and yes, schools do have very tight budget (all the water & electricity bills, changing computers, replacing stuff tt has been damaged by idiotic studetns.... etc), unless u tell them to factor in yr services on the next finiancial year

hahah, usually schools are not willing to pay u... there will need to find quotations and all those admin stuff, its a SOP in MOE schools, as such, unless u provide a minimal px, dont bother thinkin of getting the job...

Both true and not true. They will need a couple of quotations if the expenditure exceeds x number of dollars, and x is in the thousands. So if the charges are a couple of thousands, which is what basically a number of photogs I know charge, then yes, they'll need quotations. But for petty cash which some photogs charge, then no.

And it's kindda sad that some photogs only think about providing a minimal px to get the job. Or any job. Is there no other way to land an assignment? Any assignment? Any biz, even if part time ones, should have profit as one of the key objectives, if not the key. More and more photogs are throwing basic accounting out of the window just to jump at the immediate deal. But the 'minimal' should be still profitable, all costs inclusive.

Apologies in advance if I step on any toes.

Both true and not true. They will need a couple of quotations if the expenditure exceeds x number of dollars, and x is in the thousands. So if the charges are a couple of thousands, which is what basically a number of photogs I know charge, then yes, they'll need quotations. But for petty cash which some photogs charge, then no.

And it's kindda sad that some photogs only think about providing a minimal px to get the job. Or any job. Is there no other way to land an assignment? Any assignment? Any biz, even if part time ones, should have profit as one of the key objectives, if not the key. More and more photogs are throwing basic accounting out of the window just to jump at the immediate deal. But the 'minimal' should be still profitable, all costs inclusive.

That is why I don't get any jobs from them.....hehe.

My minimal is just too high for them.......:sweat:

hahaha, i am not sure but, even in the hundred range, schools do get a little sensitive about this issue. but yeap, please dont compromise the quality of the shoot because u need some cash and get crappy equipment.
oh ya, do note, u also need to prepare an invoice or receipt. hahaha

That is why I don't get any jobs from them.....hehe.

My minimal is just too high for them.......:sweat:

how high is yr minimal... dont tell me few k hoh... u got a good portfolio anot, even a good one cant lay u a school job due to money restrictions in schools. if u feel yr portfolio good, maybe wanna try outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.