How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

GSiGuy

Sep 14, 2010
Just wondering what's the price you can get for the new Sigma 17-70? And where to get it from?

Also has anyone noted QC issues with this particular lens?

you can always call the shops to get the latest, up-to-date prices.

or would you like me to do that for you? :)

you can always call the shops to get the latest, up-to-date prices.

or would you like me to do that for you? :)

oooh! tough crowd here... my apologies again for wasting everyone's time ;p

will be extra extra careful before i ever ask another question on the forum again... sorry.

will be extra extra careful before i ever ask another question on the forum again... sorry.

Hey we are a bunch of nice great guys. Dun worry about asking questions. just that these questions have been asked too many times, especially about pricing.

:sweat:

is not a waste of time, is improving your use of time.

what people quote may not be up-to-date................

and then if they quote a price they got a year ago, and you run to the shop and they tell you prices had increased from a year ago, will you be happy?

my point is, there is no point asking such a question, much better to call up 3 or 4 reliable shops, pick the best price, and go. off by a bit of money ($10-20), if you like the shop, can give - it's your choice.

most pentax users tend to be quite price-savvy, so this is S.O.P, imho. which is why 2 - 3 years ago, you would not see such a question pop up even , the guys here love to do their homework and be diligent.

i guess this is in some sense, good, because it shows that pentax is appealing to a wider crowd than just that.

the question is, the update on the latest pricing and the latest cameras is still no where to be found

is not a waste of time, is improving your use of time.

what people quote may not be up-to-date................

and then if they quote a price they got a year ago, and you run to the shop and they tell you prices had increased from a year ago, will you be happy?

my point is, there is no point asking such a question, much better to call up 3 or 4 reliable shops, pick the best price, and go. off by a bit of money ($10-20), if you like the shop, can give - it's your choice.

most pentax users tend to be quite price-savvy, so this is S.O.P, imho. which is why 2 - 3 years ago, you would not see such a question pop up even , the guys here love to do their homework and be diligent.

i guess this is in some sense, good, because it shows that pentax is appealing to a wider crowd than just that.

i check all my quotes these past few weeks with Ray from SLR Revolution. I felt paiseh to ask him again bec i keep asking for prices of stuff which i eventually don't buy or were just quotes requested by family & friends.

so i thought i would have another reference point and i certainly don't like cold-calling shops cos i really haven't had much good experience in doing it that way, mostly... exceptions are like Ray from SLR.

So i did make a search prior to asking here. But i only searched on the pentax forum (after all i'm asking abt a pentax mount lens...) and found no reference to price. i did not know that there was one under marketplace section.

so once again, mea culpa, i'm the worst searcher on this forum. sorry...

dun take it to heart :)

initially i was paiseh to call also..but after awhile, you realise tat its a faster way to get the price you want..anyway just for your info..the last price i got from SLR Revo for the lens is $71x..this is about 5 mths ago so not sure whether the price has went up ;)

so i thought i would have another reference point and i certainly don't like cold-calling shops cos i really haven't had much good experience in doing it that way, mostly... exceptions are like Ray from SLR.

why?

it's part of a salesman's job... as long as you don't ask for fun, and ask for a reason, i don't think there's anything wrong - every possible enquiry leads to a sale.

why?

it's part of a salesman's job... as long as you don't ask for fun, and ask for a reason, i don't think there's anything wrong - every possible enquiry leads to a sale.

try telling that to the gruff, bo-chap, not-interested voice on the other side of the line... well anyway thats my experience with electronics and hifi shops.

try telling that to the gruff, bo-chap, not-interested voice on the other side of the line... well anyway thats my experience with electronics and hifi shops.

wow, you are an easy customer. :sweat:

what you can do is try online websites to see the US pricing and local pricing should be around there.

the OS HSM version is about US$449. The older model has been EOL.

unless having an obsession of finding a lower then lowest price, find out which shop has stock then buy to use it straightaway.

when photography becomes a living, availability becomes a higher priority then cost at least to me.

Last edited:
i check all my quotes these past few weeks with Ray from SLR Revolution. I felt paiseh to ask him again bec i keep asking for prices of stuff which i eventually don't buy or were just quotes requested by family & friends.

So i did make a search prior to asking here. But i only searched on the pentax forum (after all i'm asking abt a pentax mount lens...) and found no reference to price. i did not know that there was one under marketplace section.

so once again, mea culpa, i'm the worst searcher on this forum. sorry...

Its okay:)

the question is, the update on the latest pricing and the latest cameras is still no where to be found

for the list to be updated with the latest pricing, we must PM to update Gengh who has volunteered to maintain the price list with the latest pricing. He will not be able to look through all the thread here and compile the price discussed.

What i see is most people just come here and take. Ask for the price, which shop to buy, went down to buy and that's the end. Hope all can help by PM him the date, price and shop if you got any latest quote or pricing from the shop. Even it is the same price as the price list, still can inform him so that he can update the date to the latest.:D

well anyway, thanks everyone, once i find out how much i will also let Gengh know...

hi gsiguy, i got mine from manly last month for 735 (gst incl.). i've sent a pm to gengh for the update as well.

hi gsiguy, i got mine from manly last month for 735 (gst incl.). i've sent a pm to gengh for the update as well.

just contacted SLR Revo. Its still quoted as $715 there but no stock at the mo...

Guys
Gengh was nice enough to set the price list up and maintain it but as he is not based in Singapore presently, he really need your inputs to update the list accordingly. So if you have checked the latest recently, do drop him a PM so he can update the list. :)