how much should i expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
Hi guys,

some of you may have knew that i am actively looking for a temp job since last week when i posted a thread.

Just wondering, how much a 18 year old male, fresh from JC be expecting for his wages( per hr basis)? This is my first time formally looking for a temp work as previously i was working for relatives; so i don't really know the benchmark..would love someone to give a gauge.

Thanks!
would love other comments too.. ;)

Wryer said:
Hi guys,

some of you may have knew that i am actively looking for a temp job since last week when i posted a thread.

Just wondering, how much a 18 year old male, fresh from JC be expecting for his wages( per hr basis)? This is my first time formally looking for a temp work as previously i was working for relatives; so i don't really know the benchmark..would love someone to give a gauge.

Thanks!
would love other comments too.. ;)

Hi there,
may I know wat kind of temp job are you looking at?
:think:

hi there,
actually i dun mind admin/clerical/customer service/warehouse/tuition etc, oh well, the list could go on. Im quite easy on it, even sales, provided there is an okay basic salary.

you got lobang? :D My wage demands are not very high, market rate i would say. just need some money and to pass time.

thanks

Normally job agency would quote abt $5.50 per hour with CPF. some will "cheat" you of your CPF. so remember to ask. CPF is 13% payable by the employer on top of the hourly pay.

Good luck in your job hunt :)

ruthpoh said:
Normally job agency would quote abt $5.50 per hour with CPF. some will "cheat" you of your CPF. so remember to ask. CPF is 13% payable by the employer on top of the hourly pay.

Good luck in your job hunt :)

cheat?? CPF is a government thingy, who dare to cheat? But I thought normally part time job don't have cpf one. :dunno:

Based some of my experiences......"In Singapore"

Data Entry Clerk - $600 - $800
Production Operator - $750 -$1000K per month
Technician - $900 - $1200
Assistant Engineer - $1200 - $2000
Enginer Entry Level - $1800- $2800

If you are not married......so just grab any job with a good stride - irregardless of the pay. Its basically an eye opener and a chance to get to be in the open world and meet new people and learn inter personal skills. Experiences are non tangible but its very useful for your career path.

Dress well...

Learn from your past interviews and if possible call them ans ASK why you did not get the job or wasn't selected. Be sincere and frank in your interviews.

This was one of my question posted to me for my current job.....

My Manager's Manager asked me.......(True story)

SO Can you give me 3 good reasons why i should employ you......

I blabberes the first 2 reasons and gave this one for the last reason.....
"...I AM UNEMPLOYED!!!!!!...."

I smiled to him and he just laughed......the next couple of hours after the interview...i was offered the job!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

BTW: This is another cool experience....just wanna share. I went to a job agency in Jurong East for an interview - during vacation. Guess what....the job agency manager ended up employing me to that agency !!!! Hahahaha....
There i got to know all those pointers i shared above. Also....agencies get jobs applicat from Around the world. They receive FAX from other country etc......so that explains why sometimes some jobs are hard to get ...as most companies go for the "Ai Chi, Ai Pi...atitude..." -> Cheap and Good....

rgds,
Sulhan

hmm.. when i was fresh out of JC, i managed to get 6/hr as some admin assistant.. no CPF tho, the employer saves on the money, and you get more from your pay too! :D

thanks sulhan and s_wrx!
think im gonna call up an agency soon. :)

As much as pay isnt a problem, but some is like $4.50/hr. I dun even know if that can cover my food and transport..furthermore, i think i should give some to my parents. So, what leaves me? Sigh!

thanks!

:sweat: :sweat:
anybody's company require temp help? can help ask ask? :p

Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.