How much RAM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinking of adding another 1GB, but i dunno whether 1GB and 2GB makes a great difference in terms of performance. Sometimes i open a bit too many applications on my macbook and it lags abit. But other than that it's not too bad. :dunno:

2gb of ram will be very comfortable for most of the people, depending on what you do

itsybitsyspidy - You can just run the Activity Monitor to check how much ram you're using when you open most of the applications you're using on a daily basis. It's very clear when you have not enough ram, you'll see lots of red.

Maybe I will be going for another 1gb in 1 or 2 month times before GST goes up ;)

2gb of ram will be very comfortable for most of the people, depending on what you do

itsybitsyspidy - You can just run the Activity Monitor to check how much ram you're using when you open most of the applications you're using on a daily basis. It's very clear when you have not enough ram, you'll see lots of red.

Thanks for the tip, will do that. :thumbsup:

Cheers. ;)

Based on my own experience, upgrading from 1 to 2 gig you'll see alot of difference.
But upgrading from 2 to 4 gig, you probably won't see the difference in running a single application, but it makes running a few applications at the same time (especially with a batch editing running in the background) more tolerable.

cheers

Buy only what you need.
Because of the buying frenzy 2 weeks back,now DDR2 ram price have gone back up due to the lack of supply.

there's never enuff. buy buy buy!!!

:think: i jus bought another 1GB from my fave store, BEST BARGAIN(haha), 667DDR2 at S$90/. i think its cheaper than in the i.t fair which costs around S$102/.

:thumbsup:

i am still waiting for the 2gb stick to be cheap first... :sweat:

Buy only what you need.
Because of the buying frenzy 2 weeks back,now DDR2 ram price have gone back up due to the lack of supply.
maybe you wanna try video-pro (SLS), kingston ddr667 1gb is stated @ $80 in their pricelist. ;p

good price .. think gg to upgrade to 2gb !!

i've got 4GB at the moment.... in plans to increase that anytime soon

haha tmr you'll be waiting for 4gb stick to be cheaper....lols:D

2Gb released already, just that its way to expensive. i am looking at a 2X 2GB upgrade on my existing 2X 1gb rams...

but sigh.. wait for the big drop on rams first...

2Gb released already, just that its way to expensive. i am looking at a 2X 2GB upgrade on my existing 2X 1gb rams...

but sigh.. wait for the big drop on rams first...

IF you would like to offload the 2x1GB RAMs, do look for me :)

But must check whether I can use or not. Hoho... Details can be talk in PM if possible :)

i've got 4GB at the moment.... in plans to increase that anytime soon

I hope you're not running a 32bit PC OS like windows xp or vista. Cos those won't address more than 4gb of ram. In fact, you'll only get about 3.5gb from your 4gb.

Anyway, to answer the thread starter, there is a huge difference going from 1gb to 2gb of ram, even in windows XP. It's good to have 2 similar sticks of ram so that you can enable dual channel mode if your motherboard supports it. Increases the data throughput and thus performance.

there are 64 bit versions of both :)

Yar, of course there are 64 bit versions of both but the question is ReiszRie using them, since he wants to upgrade to >4gb of ram. Anyway, the 64-bit versions are rather limiting in terms of what apps will run and what drivers are available.

IF you would like to offload the 2x1GB RAMs, do look for me :)

But must check whether I can use or not. Hoho... Details can be talk in PM if possible :)

Mine is the DDR2,667mhz 1GB kingston.

i must wait lor provided the 2GB rams fall... if not. i will just get the 2X2gb and slot in, which makes up the 6gb liao..

wah... i waiting for yooooou (rams)...

Status
Not open for further replies.