How much is it for FL-40 Flash for Olympus cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlin

Jan 24, 2002
AMK
Visit site
How much is it for FL-40 Flash for Olympus cameras?

Thanks

wa kao...so expensive.....might as well buy a new digital camera

Originally posted by marlin
wa kao...so expensive.....might as well buy a new digital camera

Precisely. I don't understand why it can be much more expensive than the top-end flashes from Canon and Nikon. And that appears to be the only Olympus flash unit available.

Regards
CK

Yes. It is that expensive. I saw one in ebay selling for around 700 SGD.

Is there any third party flash for C700uz? I am interested in getting an external flash but couldn't find one that is affordable.

ya lor...the flash on my 3040 is either too harsh or too bright...or too much shadow...that why I am looking for one now...my camera is only slightly more expensive than this FL40 flash....it doesn't make any sense to buy this one....normal external flash cost how much???
anybody knows???....and where to get ???....
Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Klause
Yes. It is that expensive. I saw one in ebay selling for around 700 SGD.

Is there any third party flash for C700uz? I am interested in getting an external flash but couldn't find one that is affordable.

apparently you can with a connector like this: FL-CB04 TTL-to-PC Sync Cable

check out the article below:
http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2000z/flash/index.htm#30x0

hihi!
guys u need a PC cable from Olympus that CP quoted $90...
then u can use any flash that connects PC... I found the Vivitar 285HV at Mustafa at $120... shd cost around this...
it has GN 120, which is like 10x the GN of the 2100uz and thrice the FL-40, so around 3-4x the power at least... manual control handy with a distance/aperture table on the flash....
as for the hotshoe, u can either buy a bracket[BULKY];
glue a dummy shoe on ur dcam [saw on dpreview];
or hand hold it [big flash == fast shutter anyway]...
haha recommend hand hold.... beats any bracket!

hmm... didn't know Vivitar 285HV is so cheap at Mustafa.... it's more powerful and probably more worth it than the 2nd hand Metz I just got....

did you measure the trigger voltage? some 285HV has quite high trigger voltage.....

Looks interesting. =) By the way, where can I buy the hotshoe to glue onto the cam?

It might not be advisable, especially if you meant to get a powerful but heavy flash like the Vivitar 285HV. Having the flash on the camer might make it a bit unwielding too....

Originally posted by mpenza
It might not be advisable, especially if you meant to get a powerful but heavy flash like the Vivitar 285HV. Having the flash on the camer might make it a bit unwielding too....

Hmm..then I will have to hold it?

Anyone here has a picture of the Vivitar 285HV with appropriate bracket, would you please care to post. Sounds interesting to use them on my E-10 during concert hall shoot. I think it would be an ideal cost effective alternative to the FL40.:D

Originally posted by denizenx
hihi!
guys u need a PC cable from Olympus that CP quoted $90...
then u can use any flash that connects PC... I found the Vivitar 285HV at Mustafa at $120... shd cost around this...
it has GN 120, which is like 10x the GN of the 2100uz and thrice the FL-40, so around 3-4x the power at least... manual control handy with a distance/aperture table on the flash....
as for the hotshoe, u can either buy a bracket[BULKY];
glue a dummy shoe on ur dcam [saw on dpreview];
or hand hold it [big flash == fast shutter anyway]...
haha recommend hand hold.... beats any bracket!

If I am not wrong, they are of the same power. Looks like you have gotten the guide number of the FL-40 in feet and the 285HV in meters. :)

Regards
CK

Pic of my 285HV with C700, using a "L-bracket".

C700WithExtFlash.jpg

I have since got a straight bracket as the L-bracket is a bit bulky to me. Anybody wants to buy my L-bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.