how much is film scanning cost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

latmo

going to take photo with flim slr this week
but dun have a flim scanner at home
any shop using nikon flim scanner (heard that the quality is one of the best)? how much does it cost for 1 roll of film(36)

thanks ;)

go KT at chinatown, think process 1 roll is $3/3.50, $5 for scanning to CDR. Total less then $9.

latmo said:
going to take photo with flim slr this week
but dun have a flim scanner at home
any shop using nikon flim scanner (heard that the quality is one of the best)? how much does it cost for 1 roll of film(36)

thanks ;)

Hi there, this is from my experience of the past month, prices might have change or varies depending on different situation.

Kodak Photo Finish Jurong Point: $9 per roll (develop and scan plus cd)
Fuji Jurong Point : Quoted (didn't really try it) $12 per roll (develop and scan plus cd)
Grace digital lab Clementi (67741846): $5.50 per roll (develop and scan), plus $1 per cd (1 cd can contain images from 12 rolls easily), they picked my films up and deliver within 3 days for no extra cost (I sent in 12 rolls though)
KT at Chinatown (65381422): Quoted (didn't really try it) $6 per rol

Hope that helps. Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

Cheers

latmo said:
thank
what about the quality ?
which shop is better ?

$5 for a CDR ??? can bring my own cd or thumb drive lol

Erm, i didn't say $5 per cd didn't I?
Those prices quoted for me are just developing and scanning charge. If you want to get a cd from them, an additional $1. I think you can bring your own CD. Not sure about thumb drive though.

Quality wise, Since I have only been to 2 places (refer to my earlier post), Grace's one is better as they give more resolution than kodak. (don't remember what is the resolution though, so don't ask :) )

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.