How much is C-2100UZ now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
How much is it now huh? Does AP or CP still have it in stock? last time i heard was $950...

heard a lot got dead pixel in LCD, true ah?

thanks

:gbounce:

Originally posted by TsQ
How much is it now huh? Does AP or CP still have it in stock? last time i heard was $950...

heard a lot got dead pixel in LCD, true ah?

thanks

:gbounce:

Not an 2100 user but read that CP selling it around $900. Why don't you try going this evening. There is a SEED on today. As for dead pixel in LCD, haven't read any complaints. Anyway, if you do buy, you can check the camera first. There are quite a number of 2100 users on clubsnap.

One more thing. you would probably need to go to Olympus to upgrade the firmware to reduce the noise/hotpixels. You can check other thread on the Olympus Forum for more info.

Originally posted by copland

Not an 2100 user but read that CP selling it around $900. Why don't you try going this evening. There is a SEED on today. As for dead pixel in LCD, haven't read any complaints. Anyway, if you do buy, you can check the camera first. There are quite a number of 2100 users on clubsnap.

One more thing. you would probably need to go to Olympus to upgrade the firmware to reduce the noise/hotpixels. You can check other thread on the Olympus Forum for more info.

ohh.. thanks.. wah $900.. AP is selling it more expensive i think, last heard is $950.

last Saturday, CP still have one last set at S$900 (should be selling price including GST). This set was reserved by someone but didn't collect it, thus CP might want to sell away to anyone who want to buy. Grab it fast if you want.

I just bought one for my friend, personally I don't like this camera, especially the LCD viewfinder. Shutter lack time is about 2 seconds, very different from any film SLR camera.

now u tell me.. have to reconsider again ;( hehe

actually its even harder buying a camera for people as present.. is the Casio UX2900 still selling now?

Originally posted by TsQ
now u tell me.. have to reconsider again ;( hehe

actually its even harder buying a camera for people as present.. is the Casio UX2900 still selling now?

Wow...who's the lucky guy? or...girl? nah...2100uz is too bulky for girl...

With budget of S$1k, I will get a film camera + normal lens for the lucky one... ;) My recommendation is F80D + Nikkor AFD 50mm f/1.8.

Originally posted by Kho King

Wow...who's the lucky guy? or...girl? nah...2100uz is too bulky for girl...

With budget of S$1k, I will get a film camera + normal lens for the lucky one... ;) My recommendation is F80D + Nikkor AFD 50mm f/1.8.

HE.. nah he wants a digital.. already got a film SLR.. a very old AE1 :p ..

its either 2100uz, 700uz,2040 or Casio 2900.. He wants those uses AA battery and CF/SM, and <$1000 only

well thats what i think he wants.. couldn't be wrong.

Originally posted by TsQ

HE.. nah he wants a digital.. already got a film SLR.. a very old AE1 :p ..

its either 2100uz, 700uz,2040 or Casio 2900.. He wants those uses AA battery and CF/SM, and <$1000 only

well thats what i think he wants.. couldn't be wrong.

I think you better bring him to the shop to try the digicam first. If he is like me, who comes from film SLR, then surely will not like the 2100uz type (maybe not...). I am not saying that the camera is NO GOOD, but just that it doesn't suite me. I really don't like the AF system...and the :what: LCD viewfinder. The image in the finder is not smooth when you move the camera around/point around...so different from the TTL viewfinder on film SLR.

Have no experience on other digicam though.

I think you better bring him to the shop to try the digicam first. If he is like me, who comes from film SLR, then surely will not like the 2100uz type (maybe not...). I am not saying that the camera is NO GOOD, but just that it doesn't suite me. I really don't like the AF system...and the :what: LCD viewfinder. The image in the finder is not smooth when you move the camera around/point around...so different from the TTL viewfinder on film SLR.

he, who is my brother already tried it.. he prefer these kinda big camera.., but considering something smaller as well such as 700uz and long ago, the casio 2900. He didnt buy it cos he is not like me.. see, like it, buy. :) Now I just want to give him something he like.. but i think the Casio 2900 is not available anymore in AP or CP.

Ha...your brother has a good brother...grab the 2100UZ at CP then! All the best!

Ha...your brother has a good brother...grab the 2100UZ at CP then! All the best!

don't need to rush... fools rush in :) , I won't be meeting him for another 2 more weeks.. so no hurry.

yes i am a good brother.. last month gave my sony f55v to my other brother in HK..

if dont give, how to buy new one??? hahaha.. nolar :p

yah I could had sold it.. but let them use also nice, we all live in different countries.. give them a digicam then they can sent me photo of them over there..

last Saturday, CP still have one last set at S$900 (should be selling price including GST). This set was reserved by someone but didn't collect it, thus CP might want to sell away to anyone who want to buy. Grab it fast if you want.

I just bought one for my friend, personally I don't like this camera, especially the LCD viewfinder. Shutter lack time is about 2 seconds, very different from any film SLR camera.

Ok, what's wrong with the EVF??? :)

If you want a SLR-typeTTL optical viewfinder in a digital camera, then the only choices u have are the digital SLRs....those cost thousands of $$$. If not stay wif the conventional SLR.

The optical viewfinder on the most DCs...incl. the Canon G2 actually introduces a bit of parallax error when taking macro shots, unless u use the LCD instead.

The lag time taken between the press of the shutter release, then AF/AE, and till the shutter clicks is actually ard 0.8 sec.

And there's always the options of AF/AE lock then relaese shutter (0.1 sec) or using full-time AF (0.7 sec).

Those veteran photographers who're used to conventional 35mm film SLR cameras may find the refresh rate on the EVF slower than what they would like them to, and not to forget that the image may be a wee bit pixelated.

But don't forget that the EVF is not really a perfect substitute for a true TTL optical viewfinder.

All video cams are using EVF, so does the Canon Pro 90is, Olympus C-700uz and the Sony F707....;)

Originally posted by TsQ

he, who is my brother already tried it.. he prefer these kinda big camera.., but considering something smaller as well such as 700uz and long ago, the casio 2900. He didnt buy it cos he is not like me.. see, like it, buy. :) Now I just want to give him something he like.. but i think the Casio 2900 is not available anymore in AP or CP.

CP has never carried the 2900UX if I'm not wrong. I've been asking them for equotes since it's launched and the reply is they don't carry it ;p

You could try MS Color if you want.

Originally posted by mpenza

CP has never carried the 2900UX if I'm not wrong. I've been asking them for equotes since it's launched and the reply is they don't carry it ;p

You could try MS Color if you want.

This Casio 2900UX is cheap, good, and pretty handy..the lack of a viewfinder should not deter u from buying it if u can find 1. The 8x optical zoom alone is worh the $$$.......

Originally posted by Jayan

This Casio 2900UX is cheap, good, and pretty handy..the lack of a viewfinder should not deter u from buying it if u can find 1. The 8x optical zoom alone is worh the $$$.......

yah.. i like the idea of 8x zoom and the rotating part.. but it's around $700+, which i think its rather more worth it to invest in the Oly 700 ..

Originally posted by TsQ

yah.. i like the idea of 8x zoom and the rotating part.. but it's around $700+, which i think its rather more worth it to invest in the Oly 700 ..

it's <$700 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.