How much is Adobe Photshop CS5 CD?

greensky1

Mar 26, 2010
I went to funan and check but I can't believe my eyes cause they are selling at $1k+

i heard there is a non commercial version.. which should cost abt few hundreds dollars...

or use gimp lor...

www.gimp.org

So i can buy the non commercial version at challenger?

So i can buy the non commercial version at challenger?

if it is only for students and educators and u r not.. it is the same as illegal software if i am not wrong...

so don't waste the money lah...

if it is only for students and educators and u r not.. it is the same as illegal software if i am not wrong...

Let's assume if he is a student or a educator. ;)

The price is $100+ and it's legit software which you will have access to all of adobe's libraries and updates!

But IIRC, you're not allowed to use the student-version for commercial editing. If found, it's also illegal....

Dunch know yet for CS5, but a commercial license for the entire CS suite, publication edition costs around 3k?

Well, the company's programmer's have slaved over many hours of coding at their computer day and night and created a piece of artistry. What is 3K compared to when you can create or PP your photos to stock-quality pictures?

you are right

the EULA states that it is only licensed to Students or educators
so if you are caught, then it is no different from using unlicensed software

Thing is...people who use these "educational use" CS Suite are betting they will never get caught since just how can the stock company or client know that the person is using educational software unless there is a permanent watermark on the exif.

Being in the IT sales line, have seen parents use their children student card even as young as primary school to buy multiple copy of microsoft office and so on but actually use for their own.

Not really a surprise that CS5 is one of the most pirated software there is especially for start up designers/photographers who may not know just what kind of legal mess they will be buried in when caught.

For professionals, getting original CS5 is an investment rather then an expense with reference to dingaroo`s above comment.

Last edited:
What if one is a student today and bought the software but no longer a student next year, can he/she still use that software?

And what's the definition of a student? Is taking a private course on photoshop qualify as a student?

Last edited:
you are right

the EULA states that it is only licensed to Students or educators
so if you are caught, then it is no different from using unlicensed software

May I know, is there a software pricing for Above 60 category? Old people also has no more income. Or any one there from software company start proposing it?:devil:

What if one is a student today and bought the software but no longer a student next year, can he/she still use that software?

And what's the definition of a student? Is taking a private course on photoshop qualify as a student?

IIRC, possible for previous suite that has CS4 as long as not for commercial use. The present suite, there is no documentation on that.

yes, i was checking this out.

it is sad, in the us (and now uk, with cs5), licensing states that:

1) student edition can be used for commercial work
2) student edition can continued to be used even after educators/students are no longer with their school or any other school

hopefully asia,etc will do it soon.

here are the relevant faq for singapore:

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education/students/studentedition/faq.html

please don't read wrongly and go to the wrong site, the FAQ for asia is very different from the FAQ for us/uk.

Who can purchase and use the Student Editions?

Only full- or part-time students enrolled at a higher education establishment, defined as an accredited public or private university or a college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of study, or students enrolled at an accredited public or private school providing full-time instruction are eligible.

conditions of eligibility:

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education/students/studentedition/eligibility.html

Do the Student Editions have restricted functionality?

Adobe Student Editions give the end user all the features and functionality of the commercial versions. However, Student Edition software is for installation solely on private computers and for noncommercial purposes.

Is there a time limit on using the Student Editions?

No, there is no time limit on using the Student Editions.

on the bright side, in singapore, if you buy student edition, wait until next edition and upgrade, i think total cost < buying full commercial license straight up.

Last edited:

If the software is installed from school, student must remove prior to graduation. If it is educational license, graduated student may still use but still restricted for non-commercial work. At least that was the explanation i was given.

Its similar to whats on the Apple Education Store. http://store.apple.com/sg/browse/home/education_routing?mco=OTY2ODQzMg If the school you are in is not recognized or accredited by MOE or other relevant bodies, or what Adobe perceives as a school then not entitled. But then, never hurts to ask in advance so that dont buy the right thing but wrong license/EULA.

Last edited:
here are the relevant faq for singapore:

please don't read wrongly and go to the wrong site, the FAQ for asia is very different from the FAQ for us/uk.

conditions of eligibility:

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education/students/studentedition/eligibility.html

on the bright side, in singapore, if you buy student edition, wait until next edition and upgrade, i think total cost < buying full commercial license straight up.

Thanks for the links.

So, if I am a student and I have the education edition, I can't use it for commercial work?

Not sure about the cs5, but I have the cs4 student edition and there is nothing on the box that says education edition.

I think there is no need to buy the student edition if you are really a student, coz it usually comes bundles with the computer that you get from school.

So, if I am a student and I have the education edition, I can't use it for commercial work?

Not sure about the cs5, but I have the cs4 student edition and there is nothing on the box that says education edition.

I think there is no need to buy the student edition if you are really a student, coz it usually comes bundles with the computer that you get from school.

U need to read up the link night86mare give ..

Can a Student Edition also be used for commercial purposes?
Student Edition software is for noncommercial purposes only. [keyword: student edition software]