How much is 8R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Hi guys! how much for 8R and what's a nice enlargement lab?
What's the bigger sizes? 12R?

I get 8R for $3 and 8Rs for $3.50. Konica prints.

8Rs is diff? what's the diff?
8R is about A4 minus a bit... hmm what's bigger?

Originally posted by denizenx
8Rs is diff? what's the diff?
8R is about A4 minus a bit... hmm what's bigger?

8R is 8" X 10" (2" edge is cropped)
Super 8R (8Rs) is 8" X 12" (2:3) :D

Originally posted by mervlam

8R is 8" X 10" (2" edge is cropped)
Super 8R (8Rs) is 8" X 12" (3:4)
Isn't it 2:3 instead??? :D

3:4 is our monitor ratio or compact digicam format...

Originally posted by Bean
Isn't it 2:3 instead??? :D

3:4 is our monitor ratio or compact digicam format...

edited

heh thanks.. so erm, any bigger sizes? what's 20"x30"?

that's nearly A1 size...
i recently sent enlargement for 20" by 16"

arr? does it mean we need to do major resizing? since camera is 4:3 and print is 3:2....need to resize huh? i did send my pics to the lab...they came out wiff sides unprinted...MUST be due to the sizing huh :confused: anyways...has anyone tried Fuji Labs b4? intending to try the one at City Plaza. Tried RGB twice at Winsland Hse...colors turn out disappointing leh....lab techinician din do auto adjustments... :( spoke to him and it seems he deems it coy policy NOT to touch up. but the print was too damn blueish leh....!? even amateur could tell it makes common sense to tweak rite? some more i printed 2 10R leh! super X arr ;p

heh thanks.. so erm, any bigger sizes? what's 20"x30"?

U can virtually print as huge as u want, probably a wall size.

Originally posted by Horus
arr? does it mean we need to do major resizing? since camera is 4:3 and print is 3:2....need to resize huh? i did send my pics to the lab...they came out wiff sides unprinted...MUST be due to the sizing huh :confused: anyways...has anyone tried Fuji Labs b4? intending to try the one at City Plaza. Tried RGB twice at Winsland Hse...colors turn out disappointing leh....lab techinician din do auto adjustments... :( spoke to him and it seems he deems it coy policy NOT to touch up. but the print was too damn blueish leh....!? even amateur could tell it makes common sense to tweak rite? some more i printed 2 10R leh! super X arr ;p

Try Raffles Digital Lab, as they r the 1st to bring in the Durst Lambda.

Originally posted by Horus
arr? does it mean we need to do major resizing? since camera is 4:3 and print is 3:2....need to resize huh? i did send my pics to the lab...they came out wiff sides unprinted...MUST be due to the sizing huh :confused:
I personally have not print digital before. From what I read from other threads, either the lab crop for you or they leave white borders on the shorter sides.

The best way is to crop your prints to 3:2 yourself if you do not like the white border or the auto-crop... :)

oh no conflict of information... cos I lazy to go my lab n ask lah.. no rolls to dev go there a bit leceh...
so how much wd a poster sized one cost? I might need to do posters...

Status
Not open for further replies.