how much have u spend on photography?

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
i guess most hobbyists after 3-4 years should have spend at least 5k on gears, plus the shoots and maintenance etc..

If my wife knew how much I actually spent, she would have killed me :embrass:

From Dec 2012 till date

650d with kit lens plus extended warranty bells and whistles 1400+
50mm f1.8 120
Tamron 24-70 with Kenko zeta protection filter 1700
Lenspen, additional filters,bags etc $150

Total about $3400.

i guess most hobbyists after 3-4 years should have spend at least 5k on gears, plus the shoots and maintenance etc..

Ask the Leica guys. Their camera already cost more than 5k.....:)

Definitely below 5k.

Thanks to my finance minister who asks tough questions before approving budget for camera.

Dare not count.... :sweat:

My setup for Underwater Photography along comes to $4k+ without any camera or lens... and that is mostly made out of 2nd hand gears... if need to guess... all my gears will be closer to $12k-$13k... from 2007 till now

If my wife knew how much I actually spent, she would have killed me :embrass:

Must bluff bluff eg "Oh THIS 1Ds Mk III ? I paid $400 for the body... expensive hor ?"

I also spent more on my cameras and travelling (for shooting) than on my wife ..... she also will kill me if she found out

Lucky 20 years ago, 1-carat diamond ring very cheap and bought peace n happiness for many many many years

about 20k~25k. Closer to the higher number.:confused:

Wow.. I can open a blackmailing business and fund my gear collecting hobby :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

how much have u spend on photography?

I sold half of my kidney to keep my hobby in photography.

DSC08975.Kidney02.TakeOut-761091.jpg

I don't dare to count. It will give me nightmares!

It's not how much you spend on it, it's whether they worth for you to spend or not.

For me, it's worth, even it's heavy and my weight went down recently due to them, heh heh! :D