how much for the E500? is it available now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shift

Feb 29, 2004
The E500 looks good and it is about time for me to upgrade to another olympus.....

Anyone with any idea how much is it? and is it available now??

Read in another thread that retail is at SGD1599, anyone with CP or AP prices??

It seems like the US websites are offering much lower than Singapore if retail is SGD1599......

thank in advance.

I heard that it will be released this week, not sure. And yes, US prices are always cheaper by ALOT compared to sg prices for olympus products. :)

i think should be able to get it abit less than that + the usual freebies like CF cards, tripod, camera bag etc....

read from newspaper that e500 costs $1599 with a pair of lens ;p Really tempting...

ahsosl1e8 said:
read from newspaper that e500 costs $1599 with a pair of lens ;p Really tempting...
The lens is a "beginner" lens. You may want to buy the body alone and get another "better" lens.

eric69 said:
The lens is a "beginner" lens. You may want to buy the body alone and get another "better" lens.

Dun think getting body alone is available in S'pore ....
Must be Body + kit lens

:dunno:

In Japan, the camera (available in 2 colors) go on sale on 11/11/2005. See link below

http://www.ogisaku.com/

It is available both body only and body + kit kens

E-500 body = 78800円
35mmF3.5 macro = 25800円

They are giving this specially designed "pro-bag" for E-500 (I understand that this is an Olympus Japan offer)
http://www.olympus-esystem.jp/products/e500/special/event/reserve/

Wat freebies for advance booking in Japan?

Sg E-500 sale onli includes a set of lens or a pair?

ahsosl1e8 said:

saw that on Digital Life yesterday? Really good price..;p

saw that on Digital Life yesterday? Really good price..

thats for 1 basic kit lens only lah.

Anyone know if there will be a body only E-500 released here?

Hello,

Since this thread is on the same subject matter, kindly note my post on the immediate (today) availability of the E500 at major photo retail outlets.

FYI.

Cheers,

Just to check with you guys as I'm not very familiar with how's the price of camera is set in Singapore - I saw from website the E-500 with 2 kit lens is selling in US for only US$799 (which is about S$1350), how come we can't get this kind of price here?

Are there any possibility we can get the E-500 in Singapore with this price?

Want to get the Oly-E500, but the current promotion don't come with body alone. My desired lens is the Zuiko 14-54 2.8-3.5 lens. Furthermore, I don't need the freebies such as bag & 1GB CF card.

Willing to let go of the lens kit 14-45 for $100. Any taker? PM me pls. Thanks.

eric69 said:
Want to get the Oly-E500, but the current promotion don't come with body alone. My desired lens is the Zuiko 14-54 2.8-3.5 lens. Furthermore, I don't need the freebies such as bag & 1GB CF card.

Willing to let go of the lens kit 14-45 for $100. Any taker? PM me pls. Thanks.

Try trading in to shop for freebies, maybe better deal.

chainsmoker said:
Try trading in to shop for freebies, maybe better deal.
Thanks. So far, MsColor, CathayPhoto and AP mentioned that they don't do trade in (actually asked for the Zuiko 14-54 lens in replace of the kit lens, and topping up balance). These shops told me Olympus no such package, and they themselves don't offer this kind of private service. I was told by one of the shop to wait till Dec when usually Oly will sell the body alone. Hmm.. have to wait lor, until someone offers to buy my Kit Lens for $100..

Then keep it as spare loh, easier to sell next time too.
$100 can not buy anything much also.
Also dont think olympus sg will release body alone.
someone was looking to buy it for $50 last week. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.