how much does it cost to repair a car bumper

wildsoyabean

Sep 28, 2008
i recently bump my car into a tree...dumb me...any idea how much it would cost.

there is no big dent...its more of something like a crease form when you fold a piece of paper - the surface no longer retain it smoothness. I went to some 1 shop, they quote me less than 200.

Never repair a bumper before. dont wanna be chop.

there is no big dent...its more of something like a crease form when you fold a piece of paper - the surface no longer retain it smoothness. I went to some 1 shop, they quote me less than 200.

A couple of hundred sounds like a good price to me.

cannot diy la. its more than just a scratch...there is an area popping out (instead of dent).
haha shall get it fixed with my ang pao $.
if anyone got lobang for a good fix let me know.
stupid borneo motor quote me 300 bucks...think i chai tao?

If its just a dent maybe can DIY.

Rumors said tat by using Dry Ice over the dented area and after tat use Hair dryer to blow on it.
The dent will pop back to the normal.

But then its just rumors haha I also never tried it out as yet. Tried at your own risk or simple lor go to ur trusty car repair chop shop to get it fixed.

A small dent for the size of a 50cents coin it will cost ard $50 so u work out the maths.

Wildsoyabean - Y not u ask ard near the Alexandra Area near the AIA building there are quite a lot of repair shop there.

Last edited:
cannot diy la. its more than just a scratch...there is an area popping out (instead of dent).
haha shall get it fixed with my ang pao $.
if anyone got lobang for a good fix let me know.
stupid borneo motor quote me 300 bucks...think i chai tao?

mine is about $700 to fix a new rear bumper plus painting job from borneo also,guess yours is reasonable lar...:sweatsm:

If its just a dent maybe can DIY.

Rumors said tat by using Dry Ice over the dented area and after tat use Hair dryer to blow on it.
The dent will pop back to the normal.

But then its just rumors haha I also never tried it out as yet. Tried at your own risk or simple lor go to ur trusty car repair chop shop to get it fixed.

A small dent for the size of a 50cents coin it will cost ard $50 so u work out the maths.

Wildsoyabean - Y not u ask ard near the Alexandra Area near the AIA building there are quite a lot of repair shop there.

thanks mate

mine is about $700 to fix a new rear bumper plus painting job from borneo also,guess yours is reasonable lar...:sweatsm:

you changed a new bumper! if you service outside...it probably cost you less than $350.

Are they just knocking it out and repainting it too?

go malaysia do...replace the whole bumper for less than 300 ringgit...i think...that's what i did when my wira got nicked at the rear...by a freaking blind motorcyclist!

btw $200 sounds fair if it includes a paint job

go to your respective car forum to find out the recommended ones

I use Riverview Auto at AMK Industrial Park

My car got knocked from behind by a van, resulting in a palm size dent on the bumper.

Checked the estimated repair bills for repair costs at the authorised workshop before collecting my repaired car. $300 for new bumper. $600 for a new boot, $300 for paint job, $100 for new car emblem, $400 for rental car.

My car got knocked from behind by a van, resulting in a palm size dent on the bumper.

Checked the estimated repair bills for repair costs at the authorised workshop before collecting my repaired car. $300 for new bumper. $600 for a new boot, $300 for paint job, $100 for new car emblem, $400 for rental car.
There goes an AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED $1550.00 :cry:
Correct me if I'm wrong, the bumpers that come with the car nowadays no longer can be knock back right? Its not metal but some kind of fibreglass & it is one big piece that must be replace? :dunno:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the bumpers that come with the car nowadays no longer can be knock back right? Its not metal but some kind of fibreglass & it is one big piece that must be replace? :dunno:
You are right, bumpers are made of re-enforced fibreglass. Plus, they are designed to break/deform upon impact to spread out the energy from the impact. So most likely knocking back is not an option. More likely if you go to the shop, they will sand off the affected area. Apply some putty, on the area. Smoothen it out and even it out with the rest of the bumper, and give it a coat of new paint. Simple and easy. But if the damage is too big, better off to put a new bumper. Putty can online fill out small damages, like small line marks, or dents the size of coins, or shallow dents. Those deep dents like the size of a rice bowl putty can't help. It won't stay on.

Last edited:

yes.....more like the bumper is for show de liou...lol....

$5,000+ for a Merc 350. A friend bump into one recently and that is how much it cost.

../azul123

Until the day you had a really bad accident, then u will be spending once for two hits.

Same sentiments from me too- I really don't see a point fixing minor scratches and dents. But most local folks held very high esteem for the appearances of their cars I can understand this as it's so obscenly expensive to own one.

$5,000+ for a Merc 350. A friend bump into one recently and that is how much it cost.

Hahaha... slaughter house? :bsmilie:

i recently bang into someone elses car. its a corolla altis. bumper dropped. now that guy insisted to go to borneo motors. any1 noe how much will it cause?

i recently bang into someone elses car. its a corolla altis. bumper dropped. now that guy insisted to go to borneo motors. any1 noe how much will it cause?

UR NCB. :p

Just let your insurance handle it.