How much does a circular polarizer cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
intending to get one too....

did a little research and found that it is more advisable to get bigger one, like 77mm and then use step down/up adapter ring so that the polariser can be used over more lenses...

like to hear more advises too....

got one from cp @ $22.

52 mm should be less than $30
67mm cause more than $50

but u can look for second one if u dun mind... i got a 72mm CP some year back from the forum for only $20 :)

iso100 said:
got one from cp @ $22.

what brand is the $22 one and what size? tthanks... will be going down to CP to see tomorrow....

esmondng said:
think shld be ard 30+. one prob i found when using a step down adapter is tat u cannot put the lens hood on.

thanks.... never thought of that... hai.... dun have the best of both worlds...

A few of the posts above mention CP. Sorry, lah - is this a shop?

+evenstar said:
Anyone knows the price of 77mm Cir. Pol?

+- cant remember the exec figure. B+W is abt $180 (non slim), tin its around $250 for slim, Nikon Cir Pol II is $210. Correct me if I'm mistaken...

ya damian77 is right....

the 77mm cir polariser from B+W is $200+.....
the one from hoya is about $90+ (not multi coat though)

so any idea which is a better buy? any need to get a B+W cir polariser?
very expensive leh.....

Just got a quote from CP this afternoon -- 62mm c. polarizer is $58.

philliptan said:
Got a Hoya CirPol 58mm for $30 at CP last month.
:cry: I got my for $42.... same brand and same size.... :cry: :cry: am I cheated?

Bought my Hoya CP 55mm today for $42 also leh.........

Sorry, sorry... just went and checked... My Hoya is an old 52mm one. I bought a Tokina 58mm... Paiseh for the boo-boo. Old already lah. :bsmilie:

dear all,

I am going to singapore during x'mas :)

Want to ask what general brand you guys are using or recommand for 67mm CPL? B+W too expensive, pls recommand those affortable brand.

Besides CPL, what is the price for Stepping Ring from 52mm to 67mm? brand is important for Stepping Ring?

Thanks in advance ya :D

philipcs said:
dear all,

I am going to singapore during x'mas :)

Want to ask what general brand you guys are using or recommand for 67mm CPL? B+W too expensive, pls recommand those affortable brand.

Besides CPL, what is the price for Stepping Ring from 52mm to 67mm? brand is important for Stepping Ring?

Thanks in advance ya :D
I guess a Hoya CPL would be of reasonable standard & price. A 67mm would cost abt $60?

I've never used a stepping ring, so can't help u with that :embrass:

yeah i use a standard single coated Hoya CPL that i got 2nd hand for $20. new should be ard $50-$60. good enough.step down ring....around $5 i thnk

Status
Not open for further replies.