What is the price you'll pay for a 2nd hand D60 after 10D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klause

Jan 17, 2002
Bedok
Visit site
What will be the magic price you will pay for a 2nd hand D60?

New EOS 10D is going to be introduced. Secondhand D60 price will fall way below $2400.

Originally posted by mylau
New EOS 10D is going to be introduced. Secondhand D60 price will fall way below $2400.

Erm, that would depend on the 10D's pricing and the specification.

Personally, I feel that the unofficial specification of 10D is not attractive enough for existing D60 users to upgrade.

Also, if 10D is priced at >$4K, selling D60 for >$2400 shouldn't be too tough. ;p

let's wait for the official launch of 10D...

Originally posted by ShadowSlime

Erm, that would depend on the 10D's pricing and the specification.

Personally, I feel that the unofficial specification of 10D is not attractive enough for existing D60 users to upgrade.

Also, if 10D is priced at >$4K, selling D60 for >$2400 shouldn't be too tough. ;p

let's wait for the official launch of 10D...

From what I heard, 10D cost ard 3000SGD new. Uncomfirmed but heard a lot of ppl saying this price already.

with the simiar ID, canon will be able to source cheaper components over D60. thus it is normal that the price can be reduced to suite more user.

Originally posted by longman
what about the price for D30 ? :D

karung guni price :D

With the 10D's price estimated at around US$1800, I wouldn't touch a used D60 for anything above S$1500. Might as well spend a little more and get a better body, better AF and better everything. As for the D30, try S$800.

Originally posted by sriram
With the 10D's price estimated at around US$1800, I wouldn't touch a used D60 for anything above S$1500. Might as well spend a little more and get a better body, better AF and better everything. As for the D30, try S$800.

Thats really karung guni price, Sriram, be carefull not to break the heart of their owners. :devil:

Originally posted by jasonpgc

Thats really karung guni price, Sriram, be carefull not to break the heart of their owners. :devil:

or to break their jaws laughing :D
I still wondering if I can get a G3 for $800

Originally posted by SniperD
ohh yeah... I'm gonna benefit from it lor.. if mylau's speculation is true, then it's best liao for those Canonites who wants to own the D60.
:devil:

yes, be patient. good things need waiting time.

Originally posted by mylau

It really depends. 2nd hand D60 can mean 1 mth old to 8 mths old and also warranty left can range fr a few mths to a few years(extended warranty). To be way below $2400 sounds a bit ridiculous. If that is the case, I thnk a 2ndhand 1D will also come down to 3k. :devil:

*rub hands with evil look :devil:

Originally posted by Falcon

It really depends. 2nd hand D60 can mean 1 mth old to 8 mths old and also warranty left can range fr a few mths to a few years(extended warranty). To be way below $2400 sounds a bit ridiculous. If that is the case, I thnk a 2ndhand 1D will also come down to 3k. :devil:

No, it is not ridiculous at all. Look at the result of the poll. The number of people who feels that the price should be below $2400 has the highest percentage.

The reason that people feel that the price of 2nd hand D60 should be below $2400 is based on the speculation that a D60 replacement is about to be introduced at a price lower than the current D60.

How can $2400 sound ridiculous when it is supported by the above points?

You have expressed your thoughts on a 2ndhand 1D being able to fetch only $3k. Maybe you would like to share with us why you think that it is so. I am hoping to buy one at this price also.

Just wait a few years and you're sure to get 1D's for less than $3K. Just look at the rate of obsolesence of DSLRs... there is at least one new model every year. By the time we're on a 16Mpixel 1Dxhs, you'll get your 1D at <3K.

I remember when the D30 came out, people paid $4650 for it. Also remember the time when the old Kodak DSLRs based on the 1N / F90x were selling for US$10,000. It is not ridiculous for a D60 to be way below $2400. I mean, who on earth in their right mind would someone pay 2400 for a D60 when the newer model is soon to be release, for a few hundred bucks more?

Looks like a film based SLR is more worthy of investment in the long run. @ least got value in pawn shop. hehehehe just kidding :p

Stores like B&H and Ritz in the US are taking orders for 10D at US$1499. The D60 was going for US$2199 at these big stores before it was discontinued.

Going by this comparison, the 10D might be selling for around S$2500 in Singapore.... hopefully :D

Status
Not open for further replies.