How much do you charge ?

Love_sky

Dec 8, 2005
East area
Just asking,

One of my friend asking me to take wedding photo (actual day) in malaysia.

My grade is semi pro and 1st time doing such event.

How much do you all charge

*No need to print but burn a disc for them*

Thank

how to grade/classify yourself as a semi-pro in the first place?

Hmm, you class yourself a semi-pro yet 1st time shoot wedding???

if he is your friend then i feel that you can probably charge him the transport and maybe $200 angbao lor.

neverthless for wedding and return soft copy, semi-pro likely to charge around $1k to 2k range.:)

Just asking,

Thank
your usual rate for wedding day package, plus one day standby rate due to potential income lose for unable accept any assignment on one day before and after of his wedding.
If you need to stay there even longer, charge accordingly.
expenses of travailing, accommodation and meals should be borne by your friend.
and also insurance.

usually I would suggest they hire local photographers instead, for the total expenses incur, is more than enough for them to hire two or more local photographers to cover their wedding.

hope this help.

Hi,

to put a figure on the photography itself is probably range from 300 a day to 3000 a day.

If he is your friend, you can charge them your daily rate or so call mate's rate.

The easiest way to calculate is calculate how much u earn per year and break it to day and u have a figure there. That should give u a very basic charge based on how much you worth at the moment.

Next, how much more you want to put it as profit. Could be couple hundred to couple of thousands.

Last but not least, u will know your work so it is not too hard to offer what you think you can sell your work.

As far as I know, actual day range from 300-800 for lower end and 800-2000 consider medium and 2000-4000 consider mid-hi and anything above 4000 consider hi end. See where you fit and how much is you on going then name your price.

Regards,

Hart

my advice is that if you value him as a friend, just do it for free and free yourself from any "traditional" wedding photography obligations, which means you'll shoot but with no promises as to what you'll deliver, how long you'll stay etc. Trust me, you'll have more fun and odds are, as a friend you're not going to be able to charge him enough to be worth your while.

my advice is that if you value him as a friend, just do it for free and free yourself from any "traditional" wedding photography obligations, which means you'll shoot but with no promises as to what you'll deliver, how long you'll stay etc. Trust me, you'll have more fun and odds are, as a friend you're not going to be able to charge him enough to be worth your while.

yeah since its is for a friend and not for commercial purpose, you may want to provide a free service, probably just ask him to sponsor your lodging and meals (treat it as a holiday and free models for you to shoot).

Depends on how close this friend is, and if this is my first time then high chance i do it for free, after that go for a short photo shooting trip in malaysia :cool:

i don't do for friends and relatives, as hard to please....... seen before my uncle case i scare liao......

but last year i did once for my buddy in NS, and he is very easy going type...... so buddy rates is $1000 for 10 hours. Also, i give him an 8 by 12 album.

But if can, shoot without charging is very nice, as come as you want, go as you want......... free and easy.....

yeah since its is for a friend and not for commercial purpose, you may want to provide a free service, probably just ask him to sponsor your lodging and meals (treat it as a holiday and free models for you to shoot).

Absolutely - NO FEE for friend. Just lodging, food, and if he wants, a small ang bao. What are friends for? Unless you are a professional photographer; you may then give him a discount from your normal fee

I do not know what are your thoughts..

As for me, I would ask them to provide lodging and accomdations while in Malaysia.
They will give you an ang-bao. But you cannot gage how much.

If there is first time, there are second time.
First time don't charge.. Second time how?

So do try to be consistent ask for some fee at least like $300.
although is friend..

cant we just answer his question for once?

i would charge between RM$1,000 to RM$1,500.

also if you are based in spore i would charge travelling cost and time.

just to give you an idea...

we charged a friend S$350 for a studio prenup...

S$100 for make up
S$100 for photo shoot
S$100 for post process
S$50 for studio

Since you are doing this kind of shoot 'first time', I'd think you better play it safe,... take it as a practice to gain a portfolio and take whatever ang-pow your friend gives you.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:What are friends for ? ? ?

:think:

& semi pro never ASK this Q .....

tungtong2010:embrass:

Just asking,

Thank
One way to look at this, is to assume that you are an amateur like me. If you charge money, then you are obligated (contractually) to deliver a "product of xyz quality". Since you are learning it is possible for things to go wrong (friends can be friends but bad things can happen too).

So, why not just take the risk out of it, don't charge anything (refuse to charge), if they give you an ang pow at the end of it, good and well, if not you have learned something new (but remember to highlight to your friends that this is the first time that you are doing it, so you do not accept responsibility), you have helped a friend, and hopefully you have given the happy couple a set of good shots too.

-- marios

RM2k plus lodging and airfare/busfare/trainfare

U dun have to let others or your friend know this is your first time. U shoot it like a pro. A true pro has no excuses.

Doing it for free is not an excuse to do shytty work. If u do it, do it well. If u think u cant, dun do it, not even for free. If u r gonna do it, charge him...and do it well.

RM2k plus lodging and airfare/busfare/trainfare

U dun have to let others or your friend know this is your first time. U shoot it like a pro. A true pro has no excuses.

Doing it for free is not an excuse to do shytty work. If u do it, do it well. If u think u cant, dun do it, not even for free. If u r gonna do it, charge him...and do it well.

Why, did I charge you and I missed it?