How much do they charge for Lens repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzelwng4

Jan 12, 2010
Hi all,

just want a estimated cost if anyone who experienced having their lenses gear repair...im using tokina 100-300mm, and i believe after research and enquiries it's the gear of my lens is having problem....(rattling sound and stuck while AF)
a tech from peninsula plaza also told me that it's the gear...
NOW, anyone have tried to have their lens' gear repaired or replaced? how much was it?
just for curiosity and budget preparation :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance....

the best and accurate way to know the cost is bring down the lens to ask for quotation.

most people would rather error on the high side and won't get the job, than under quote and resulting a lost or complain by customers for charging extra after fixing the lens.

Thanks catchlights,

i will do it on the weekend...but im just soliciting if anyone have experienced on AF gear repair or replace....just want to know the cost before i bring my gear to repair shops...

I appreciate your reply....thanks!

anyone? :)

denzelwng4 said:
Thanks catchlights,

i will do it on the weekend...but im just soliciting if anyone have experienced on AF gear repair or replace....just want to know the cost before i bring my gear to repair shops...

I appreciate your reply....thanks!

Every lens is different. Different amount of effort to get to the problem, different cost of parts, different kind of problems.

No one can give you an answer. Even if they do share their experience, it will most probably be not too relevant to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.