How Much Disk Space Have You Used For Photography?

How much disk space have you used for photography?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jun 15, 2010
Singapore
So how much disk space have you consumed just for photography? That includes your RAW files, jpeg files, PSD files, photo shoots images, backups etc.

Calculate the number of space used, and vote in the poll for the closest number! :cool:

Last edited:
17.2 gb

haven't spring cleaned in a while. should delete quite a lot soon. :)

My conservative guess is 1/2 Tb and growing exponentially! I don't know where this is going to lead to. Sometimes I feel that we are at a disadvantage because the process of taking a picture has been greatly simplified and costs next to nothing. As a result, we fire off tens of thousands of photos without a moments notice.

In the film days you had to be far more methodical in what you did. There was a cost to making a mistake! I remember taking a whole roll of film and forgetting to adjust my ISO setting from a previous shoot. The photos I got back were all over-exposed!

In today's world I couldn't possibly imagine having a physical photo of every digital impression that I have on my hard drives. It would be overwhelming! It would probably take a couple hundred photo albums to store them all. And who has time to go through all those photos? I appreciate having the technology that we have today.... I would never advocate going back to the film days... but there is also a cost in the sheer numbers of photos that technology has enabled us to take.

Mine is close to 100GB. :)

20G of worthwhile keepers
read the 2nd line of my signature below

Last edited:
mine reaching 500GB soon . . . not deleting anything. :)

about 1tb, but most of it are just archives.

used for half a year, around 10gb

Do remember, having said of shooting lots of photos, you also have to spend the money on additional hdd for back up.

Almost 200GB. Inflated mostly because of different permutations of travel shots. Cannot bring myself to delete them unless technically flawed, all are little bits of memories of places i may not visit next time or even afterlife :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Ryan