How much can a photographer earn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Hi,
recently just resigned from my software engineer post...still serving my notice period :cry:

Meanwhile I'm looking for job? wondering anyone have lobang for me...While Been in this line for almost 4 yrs..always stress and feel life is not excited anymore...probably take a break and see what I want to do next.....

Was thinking if I should try something different....Suddenly feel like a loser :thumbsd:

Your heading has no bearing on the text you posted.

programming can really sap the life out of you,
but its a respectable job :thumbsup:

Depends on how good you are, first in terms of your marketing & business skills; second, in terms of your photography skills.

60k a day ?

rainman said:
Hi,
recently just resigned from my software engineer post...still serving my notice period :cry:

Meanwhile I'm looking for job? wondering anyone have lobang for me...While Been in this line for almost 4 yrs..always stress and feel life is not excited anymore...probably take a break and see what I want to do next.....

Was thinking if I should try something different....Suddenly feel like a loser :thumbsd:

clang said:
Hi Everyone……This is Clang, writing from NYC. ......I can’t change your chosen perception of me, especially I’m no longer an underdog that live in a 3-room HDB flat but a new millionaire that everyone loves to hate. ......
Thank you so much for hearing me out. I appreciate it.

you can earn millions

I've been in the IT line for over 10 years - I'm thinking of leaving as well. Time to look for something different, less stressfull that can sustain me until retirement. At the same time, maybe earn a little from photography as well. Not full time photography - but at least a little on the side.

cheer up dude..at least u got a skill called programming.

How far are you in terms of skills and equipments away from being a pro? The closer it is, the shorter time it takes to walk the street with your porfolio.

I say keep a day time or partime job and work towards it if becoming a pro is what you want to be. It would take years to get established and meanwhile you have to live with your parents, uncle or a girl who wants to feed you.

Starting out commercial photography partime gives you a taste of the reality which might change your rose colour-tinted view of it. For one millionaire Clang there are thousands of poor struggling photographers waiting for the big break.

Good luck.

Sion said:
How far are you in terms of skills and equipments away from being a pro? The closer it is, the shorter time it takes to walk the street with your porfolio.

I say keep a day time or partime job and work towards it if becoming a pro is what you want to be. It would take years to get established and meanwhile you have to live with your parents, uncle or a girl who wants to feed you.

Starting out commercial photography partime gives you a taste of the reality which might change your rose colour-tinted view of it. For one millionaire Clang there are thousands of poor struggling photographers waiting for the big break.

Good luck.
Well said. Thank you. Reality bites!

rainman said:
Hi,

Friend, this is part and parcel of life. When all the ordeal is over, you will emerged much stronger.
;) Cheer up

A chinese saying 'chuan dao chiaow toh zi ren zhi' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Caspere said:
Should have done this BEFORE resign.. Hindsight.....

yar..... its really not right to resign without a plan for the future.. dun u feel lost?? hahaha... erm... photographer may not earn as much as the past, BECUZ !! theres sooo much newbies around..... and because DSLRs and SLRS are soooo cheap..... get it ???

rainman said:
Hi,

how old are you? married?

besides photography, what interest you?

Snowcrash said:
how old are you? married?

besides photography, what interest you?

late 20s...single....likes music and ktv seems like can't use them as money earning tool..keke

Wasn't thinking of becoming a professional photographer...y? cos dun think I can make the cut... ;p

Probably I'm thinking of trying out as a photographer for an experience more than anything else..
Eventually I will still be a computer engineer...Into too deep already and I still have the passion for that.

Yezrah said:
I think your main concern is not how much can a photographer earn but how much can you earn as a photographer. :)

Yah..was curious abt how much can ppl like willy foo,senshuan earn..keke

Pure curious...

and the main context of the thread is reflecting my plight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.