How much are you willing to fork out for a hotel view for SFF

How much are you willing to fork out for a hotel room for SFF?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yildun

Aug 2, 2004
Singapore, Central
Just to check who are willing to check into a hotel for SFF for the next 2 Sundays.

Isn't the amount given too low? Like the <$10, unless it is a hostel or the room is shared by 8 or more people, how is it possible to achieve such a price, especially for hotels in town area? The categories in my opinion should be <$50, $50-$100, $100-$150, $150-$200, >$200.

CY_OH said:
Isn't the amount given too low? Like the <$10, unless it is a hostel or the room is shared by 8 or more people, how is it possible to achieve such a price, especially for hotels in town area? The categories in my opinion should be <$50, $50-$100, $100-$150, $150-$200, >$200.

It's just a poll to see how much do people think it's worth to get/share a hotel room to view/take pictures of fireworks. Some people might not even support the idea: "Huh? Need to pay ah....don't want....i rather go squeeze with people or queue for hours...for FREE." or "WHAT!! You want me to spend $10 to see 10minutes of fireworks??? $2 maybe can consider."

I guess it depends on circumstances. For those who have kids and of course money, they may want to "enjoy" the view from the Hotel rather than squeezing to take pictures, and at the same time be with the family.

And for others, there might be the thrill of waiting and squeezing to get a picture.

If I have a choice, I like to stay in a hotel (who does not??)

ltma said:
I guess it depends on circumstances. For those who have kids and of course money, they may want to "enjoy" the view from the Hotel rather than squeezing to take pictures, and at the same time be with the family.

And for others, there might be the thrill of waiting and squeezing to get a picture.

If I have a choice, I like to stay in a hotel (who does not??)

You always have a choice, but one choice is free while the other one cost $$$, I'm just checking whats the cost you would assign to a view from a hotel room to outweigh that of the ground level. Both viewpoints are obviously different, especially to a photographer or videographer.

If I have the choice to view the NDP from a heli for free, I would grab the chance....but of course its not free, nor available.

I guess it would depend if you are the one or your family is the one going to stay the night? Then would pay more..

I tot UOB visa having offer? any1 here can use their VISA debit/credit cards to book rooms at a special rate on 09/08 & 10/08. Not too sure if 15/08 is included though... got to go back dig out the brochure to see :think:

Ok, we have seen how crowded it was on the 8th, and I expect it would be even more crowded on the 15th. So, instead of getting there early and waiting for hours, the option of booking a hotel room seems to be getting into my head. So anybody want to share a hotel room? I'm looking at around 5-6 persons, at around $20 per pax. whoever offers the most can take over the room after the photoshoot and stay for the night.

Anyone onz? suggestion to which hotel and what level are welcome.

Yildun said:
Ok, we have seen how crowded it was on the 8th, and I expect it would be even more crowded on the 15th. So, instead of getting there early and waiting for hours, the option of booking a hotel room seems to be getting into my head. So anybody want to share a hotel room? I'm looking at around 5-6 persons, at around $20 per pax. whoever offers the most can take over the room after the photoshoot and stay for the night.

Anyone onz? suggestion to which hotel and what level are welcome.

It's not necessary that the 15th would be more crowded. I feel that it's so crowded on the 8th only because the next day is National Day and a public holiday. The first SFF on the 1st wasn't that crowded at all.

justarius said:
It's not necessary that the 15th would be more crowded. I feel that it's so crowded on the 8th only because the next day is National Day and a public holiday. The first SFF on the 1st wasn't that crowded at all.

I agree, it was only crowded on the 8th cos it was a public holiday yesterday and parents could bring the kids along. Still ... the 8th has got to be the worse of the two sessions i have been to so far. Had one incident that pissed me off real bad so sending a harsh email to the organisers.

does it coincidentally happen to be an incident involving the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.