How much are u paying for a private photoshoot?

For a model with 1 or 2 yrs experience. (Fashion Shoot)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont look at the years of experience..... Look at the moller portfolio. Some keep on telling ppl they in this line for ..bla bla bla donkey years... talk untill like real " super model "...You see the portfolio.. wah lao....si beh "Lotus" . Newbie who has good attitude 1.. Im paying them 1 hr $15 ( personal fun shoot ),give them edited and without water marked photos. For portfolio purpose, Im paying $100-$150. ( No photo will be given, coz Im paying her for posing service thats all. ).

if got too many years experience anybody still want? LOL

if got too many years experience anybody still want? LOL

like her?

old-women-gets-crazy1.jpg

This is a question with no answers.

Depends on the models popularity, area of expertise and for CS there are other issues such as organiser price control. Those with agencies, what agencies, what level of agencies, will come with a higher price.

From my experience, no one should pay less than $25/hr or more than $120/hr for a simple fashion shoot with a decent to very popular "freelance" CS girl. If they have some other form of fame it will be easy to demand a much higher value up to $200</hr.

Last edited:
Haha... how come I don't hear photographers in here say how much they are being paid by models for the model's portfolio shoots. Looks like this place here is one kind of unique in the sense that compensation is always one way: Photographer pays model, all photos for given to the models, free food and taxi-fare (or car ride) to and from home). Uniquely.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
Haha... how come I don't hear photographers in here say how much they are being paid by models for the model's portfolio shoots. Looks like this place here is one kind of unique in the sense that compensation is always one way: Photographer pays model, all photos for given to the models, free food and taxi-fare (or car ride) to and from home). Uniquely.

This is nothing to be surprised about... Those who choose not to put themselves a step lower than attractive women will not give in to additional pay-outs which the models don't deserve.

On the other hand, if the models perform satisfiably, then it is simply bonus to them to receive free transport, a few watermarked photos or a cup of coffee at starbucks (what I do with TFCD models).

It's like saying we should never tip good service providers... not good attitude either.

Not really, it's just that those of us who shoot for a living tend to vary the price for a portfolio shoot (model shots for their own use) based on location (studio or on location), props required, additional crew required (eg: hairdresser, makeup artist, PA's and so on) as well as the cost of any special permits if required by the local authorities plus a million and one other incurred costs.

For our own portfolio shots most of us just get permission to use shots from a client whom we've worked for / with.

have la lol. maybe not for model i guess?

anyways, most of the cs models also not really models...

i thought it's insane when a freelance model (2yrs exp) with a ordinary-looking port quote me $110++ per hr for a fashion shoot. maybe she belongs to an agency and need some sort of price control i don't know....nothing wrong with it since as long as photographer feel she's worth it and willing to pay. but definitely way out of my league for a casual photographer like me.

Depend on your definition of "Model" really.

To some people model must refer to a professional photography/runway model.

Then to some other people it refers to whoever who poses infront of their camera for photographic work paid/unpaid. This includes XMMs, TFCD newbie gals etc...

i thought it's insane when a freelance model (2yrs exp) with a ordinary-looking port quote me $110++ per hr for a fashion shoot. maybe she belongs to an agency and need some sort of price control i don't know....nothing wrong with it since as long as photographer feel she's worth it and willing to pay. but definitely way out of my league for a casual photographer like me.

Hi baggiolee, you can perhaps let us know who this model is... It is however not impossible or wrong for a "ordinary-looking port" "2 years exp" "freelance model" to offer you $110/hr...

I've heard of cases of photographers being chopped carrot so it's really buyer (in this case phoographer) beware.

agreed.

Depend on your definition of "Model" really.

To some people model must refer to a professional photography/runway model.

Then to some other people it refers to whoever who poses infront of their camera for photographic work paid/unpaid. This includes XMMs, TFCD newbie gals etc...
my definition refers to the former, hence i agree with riotvan.

agreed.

my definition refers to the former, hence i agree with riotvan.

This "model" definition is probably one of the most disputed terms in portraiture photography across the globe. Who is a "model", and what constitutes to someone being a "model"?

In the future we must give a more thorough clarification to what we are refering to....

Anyway we are going OT.

Last edited:

$110 an hour for a professional model is chicken feed. If she was an agency model she'd simply refer you direct to the agency and wouldn't talk $$$ with you at all. It's more likely she knows what she's worth on the market. Ordinary portfolio doesn't actually have much to do with it, it's the type of work she can do and how much of a "clothes horse" she is will determine her dollar value in the fashion world.

"Clothes horse" is a term used to describe a woman who can wear anything and look good. This is what makes a model worth the $$ for photographic purposes. On catwalk it's a model who not only looks good in anything but also knows how to strut her stuff as per instructions of the show director.

Status
Not open for further replies.