How much are people being paid in the education industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
Are you from the education industry? If so, are you in admin/students services/operations/ etc. How much are you being paid? Are you a graduate? Does the pay depend on whether the school is small, medium or big? Is it a reputable school/institution? Am talking more about private schools - TMC/Informatics/ Shines/ PSB/Raffles education etc? I know some big ones and they are stingy with the pay. Am not keen on teachers salary because I have no interest in that area. Please comment.:)

Last edited:
Are you from the education industry? If so, are you in admin/students services/operations/ etc. How much are you being paid? Are you a graduate? Does the pay depend on whether the school is small, medium or big? I know some big ones and they are stingy with the pay. Please comment.:)

think u shld also include i.e. teaching in primary, secondary , JC.

maybe also which reputable school..

this makes a lot of different!!

think u shld also include i.e. teaching in primary, secondary , JC.

maybe also which reputable school..

this makes a lot of different!!

Thanks for your suggestion but am not interested in teachers pay.

you should actually go to one of those Teaching as a Career seminars to find out more ....
there are many different schemes for teacher's pay and many factors that determine thei pay .... I am only talking about teacher's pay ... NOT the admin or HQ personnel side.
AFAIK the school size should not matter ... the school type may matter (government school, government aided school, independent school or international school) and i think maybe the level that you teach (primary / secondary / JC) may have some bearing to the pay package.
I think there are a lot of teahers / education industry personnels in CS that can shed more light on this topic ....

Good Luck

Hi, check this out ... as for your other queries concerning whether the enrolment matters ... yes they do. Though their (I'm referring to public schools such as primary, secondary and post-secondary) monthly salary is consistent (based on qualification, years of experience and sub-grade), when it comes to the amount of performance bonus, it will be taken into account as one of the factors and thus it may vary ...

Last edited:
Hi, check this out ... as for your other queries concerning whether the enrolment matters ... yes they do. Though their (I'm referring to public schools such as primary, secondary and post-secondary) monthly salary is consistent (based on qualification, years of experience and sub-grade), when it comes to the amount of performance bonus, it will be taken into account as one of the factors and thus it may vary ...

Thanks for the info but it doesn't help.

Are you from the education industry? If so, are you in admin/students services/operations/ etc. How much are you being paid? Are you a graduate? Does the pay depend on whether the school is small, medium or big? Is it a reputable school/institution? Am talking more about private schools - TMC/Informatics/ Shines/ PSB/Raffles education etc? I know some big ones and they are stingy with the pay. Am not keen on teachers salary because I have no interest in that area. Please comment.:)

So you're referring to more of administrative staff, yes? I don't know exact figures, but it won't be as much as teachers'/lecturers' pay (if we compare them on the same scale/years of experience/acad qualifications). Therefore, knowing how much the teachers get paid will actually give you a clue to your answer.

If you're in a managerial position, then the pay will be higher, but may not match teachers' pay in MOE schools. Size of school definitely matters, because they are privately funded, they are essentially business entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.