how many stops does monopod gives...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmzarcega

Jan 12, 2007
Woodlands
if IS can give us 2 stops for handholding stability.... how many stops does our monopod gives... :dunno:

how many stops can your stable hands give? :dunno:

It really depends on the person using the monopod, the weight of the camera/lens, and how it is held. Could be anything from between 1/3 to 5+ stops.

how many stops can your stable hands give? :dunno:

actually on my 70-200 handheld i can go as slow as 1/160 which gives me reasonably sharp photos..

so just want to have an idea how much i can push down my shutter speed.... to avoid a lot of trial and error...

actually on my 70-200 handheld i can go as slow as 1/160 which gives me reasonably sharp photos..

so just want to have an idea how much i can push down my shutter speed.... to avoid a lot of trial and error...
well synapseman have basically answered ur question... personally i deem monopod to be probably less than 1 stop when I use it, maybe it is just due to not getting use to it and holding the setup properly...:sweat:

well synapseman have basically answered ur question... personally i deem monopod to be probably less than 1 stop when I use it, maybe it is just due to not getting use to it and holding the setup properly...:sweat:

i see.. thankz bro... it's because it's my first time to try out using monopod also (see here) at singapore zoo... although 70-200 F4 is handholdable, i anticipated some poor lighting like at the crocodile and phyton section... so quiet satisfied with the result...

If you are shooting digital, why not give it a try? See how low you can go?

I hardly use a monopod, but when I do, I actually slide it between my legs while standing, with one knee pressing down against the monopod. Then I apply a slight backwards/upwards pressure on the camera itself. I haven't measure quantitatively how effective this is, but all I can say that this is "very stable". :p

here's a write-up on monopod technique... might help to improve stability :)

Status
Not open for further replies.