How many stock photo agency you upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
Do you submit your submission photograph to as many stock agency for exposure? Or stick to one major player?
Your advise is important.

I submit to a total of 5 stock sites. Different stock sites have different customers, with vastly different interests. what does not sell at one site sometimes does pretty well on the other.

Thanks barracuda.

Hey , thanks for the links. A great insight into stock photography. Where all the pro with more stock images? Your feedback is importants advise.

i submit to two only. what was mention about different sales is different. however as much as i want to cater to the market needs i cant due to limitations like lack of studio equipment blah blah, can rent yes but i've got no income so i got to make use of whatever abstracts or street shots that i can pluck whenever i go shooting and make full use of them as stock photos.

in fact my last trip to sentosa for a street shoot including sunrise my day's shot all of them was submitted to Dreamstime and all were approved. now just hoping they can sell, of which 1 or 2 has made their first sales.

Congrats for your sale. I am still looking at which agency to park my photo.

Thanks altjira and sprintist
I will do it.

so far i have two
wanna reg for istockphoto but nid id and i not very comfortable with providing them photocopy of ic...

istockphoto very difficult to get their approval... shutterstock is much easier... imho.

istockphoto very difficult to get their approval... shutterstock is much easier... imho.

i think its totally the other way round. i got rejected by shutterstock thrice...and each time u fail got to wait 30 days..lol

i have istock and dreamstime :)
my dreamstime can be found at my signature, be under my referral programme :)

my ID bounced three times , they want the interntional passport id. Now taking photo of the passport for submission to shutterstock.
shutter stock quite strict in submission of photo.

Easy or hard depending on which inspector you have.

An image can be accepted by one but rejected by the other one.

Yup. Agree!

After a while, I just resend the same photo and.... it was approved! :bsmilie:

Easy or hard depending on which inspector you have.

An image can be accepted by one but rejected by the other one.

this is true, but 3 times is enough for me haha i just stay to the others except shutterstock.
sometimes i resend the same photo without even editing and they accept again.

On Microsites also, a photographer earns way more than one would make on a traditional stock agency.

My friends make about 80% of their income from microsites and mind you, i'ts bloody more than what i earn!

Grumbles!

One of the best known microstock photographers is hidesy from Queensland Australia.

She is an exclusive photographer with istockphoto in which she has 9,017 images with 31,1936 downloads!

Status
Not open for further replies.