How many shutter counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aborigini

Jun 22, 2004
I would like to know how many shutter counts is available in the DSLR? There is a limited amount of shoot I heard and what can be done is the maximum is reached?
Thank you
:)

aborigini said:
I would like to know how many shutter counts is available in the DSLR? There is a limited amount of shoot I heard and what can be done is the maximum is reached?
Thank you

there is no maximum... the shutter will only fail when its time to fail, only thing you can do is to replace it (not very worth it if you dSLR is entry level)
and why bother about that anyway? just go shoot happily :thumbsup:

ndroo said:
Now you make me feel that my cammie is a disposable :bsmilie:

actually its pretty much true. if yours cam is like d50, and by the time the shutter fail (normally it takes roughly 2yrs+ depending on usage) the camera will only worth somewhat $500 if you selling 2hand(with working shutter). and replacing the shutter will cost you around $200 which makes it not very advisable.
if im the one i will rather pay more $ to get the newer dSLR with much better function (its 2yr+ later!)

aborigini said:
Thank you

not a lot...Mid range DSLR is about 100,000 MTBF...

entry level could be about IHMO between 50k to 100k..

If they put too good shutter...camera maker cannot earn money from us cause the camera will keep on shooting...

westwest1 said:
not a lot...Mid range DSLR is about 100,000 MTBF...

entry level could be about IHMO between 50k to 100k..

If they put too good shutter...camera maker cannot earn money from us cause the camera will keep on shooting...

but den again one can go far beyond stated if one maintains his camera well. :thumbsup:, so how do we count the maximum? :dunno: :think:

aborigini said:
Thank you

So far, Canon officially states the shutter count for certain models eg: 30D, 5D and ID MKII. I'm not sure of the other brands. Unless if you clock a couple of thousands frames in a week, else I won't worry about it.

ExplorerZ said:
but den again one can go far beyond stated if one maintains his camera well. :thumbsup:, so how do we count the maximum? :dunno: :think:

thats why i use MTBF...

westwest1 said:
thats why i use MTBF...

Yupp. Agree with westwest1. Electronic equipment's 'shelf life' are very subjective. depending on the usage pattern and how well you actually take care of it.

Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF) is used in the industry as the test they do are accelerated testing. For example, some printing media says it can last more than 70years. But they do not normally do testing for a period that stretches 70years, but adjusting the variables like amount of light exposed, dust and other constraints.

A shutter count of >50000 should be expected for entry level systems. If you click 2000 a month, it takes about 2 years or more to hit 50000. By then, its high time for a new system. hehe!

aborigini said:
Thank you

do u buy a DSLR to display or use?

stjhie said:
i have clickd about 6000+ with my 350d in 2 months. haha. hope it wont fail soon.

ok lah...

Rest assure shutter dun fail so easily....

yilishengxian said:
4th one lar zzz

omg...my only 16k count...:sweat:

some more camera buy about the same time leh...:sweat:

I was still wondering what's the shutter count limit for the 10D. Anyone here knows?

Snoweagle said:
I was still wondering what's the shutter count limit for the 10D. Anyone here knows?

my guess....100k MTBF...:think:

yilishengxian said:
I dun display my camera in the dry cabi all the time like you and sleep where there's nice events and shoots going on for me :).

well...i rather sleep after making money....if not working = no money to purchase camera stuff...i rather spent my free time chilling out with friends then shooting events...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.